2011 Bighorrn King Size Mattress Question

DRGalligher

Our 2011 BH 3055RL came with a King Size Country Rest Pillow Top Memory Foam mattress. It is wonderful. Anyone here know the firmness rating of it? Soft, medium, medium hard, etc.? Since this is the first we've slept on of this style, I'd like to know because we'd like to replace our house mattress with something similar. Maybe something a little firmer since we would be using it every night rather than occasionally in the fifth wheel. Of course, though, even after numerous trips, the RV mattress is as good as the day we first used it. Thanks!

Dave49

Our mattress in our 2011 is the same as yours. At first it was comfortable but after a 1 1/2 it broke down badly. Ended up having to order a custom made mattress to replace it. But also will tell you we fulltime in ours which makes a difference in the rig. But in your daily household I wouldn't bet on it lasting that long.

Dave

MTPockets

We like ours as well.... I wondered how long it may last though..... At home I purchased from WalMart two of the King size - 3" thick memory foam toppers over three years ago and put them on top of our regualr matttress. We really like it and it is still as good as the day we put it on. Maybe I'll do the same in the 5vr if that one starts to break down.

Last edited:

jhardin

My DW purchased a King size - 3" thick memory foam toppers from Wal-Mart. She has had 3 back surgeries, and it sleeps so good, she will go to the camper to sleep sometime. I have to agree, it sure sleeps good with the topper! IMHO.

DRGalligher

Thanks for the feedback. I suspected as much, but so far our mattress in the fiver is ok, but then we sleep on it probably 75 - 80 nights a year.