2011 cyclone 370C REar Awning?????

adam

Hello,

I have a 2011 370C HD. It is equipped with the front power awning - but not the rear as there is a upper bunk window that won't allow Heartland or my dealer the structural requirements to add the 2nd rear power awning. (I see the 2012 370C has had the curbside bunk window deleted to allow the 2nd awning- lets face it the 2nd awning is great!)

Seeing that the whole family uses the rear door more than the front I am searching for a soloution for protection at the rear of the coach. My thought would be to add a second smaller-sidewall mount awning below the bunk window but above the rear door- aft of the front power awning. Perhaps like the Dometic Horizon II, this truck type of awning would at least keep things better protected than defaulting to say just a "above-door" mount awning.

http://www.dometic.com/enus/Americas/USA/RV-Products/awnings/Products/?productdataid=72979

I was able to shoot some photos of the sidewall of the coach during a frosty morning - the framework is easily visible in the photos. (Attatched to this post)
Anyone framiliar with this awning or have actually come up with a soloution of their own at the back of their Cyclone?

Thanks Adam.

Attachments

• IMG_2226.jpg
    IMG_2226.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2225.jpg
    IMG_2225.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 52

porthole

Retired
I haven't done it yet but finally found a supplier (on evil-bay) that offers the Carefree awnings for a decent price.
I don't have the bunk window to deal with though.
Just a thought. The electric version of the awnings go almost straight out when deployed. If you got the manual all the adjustablilty you get with the manual would be useless as the door will not clear.

If you can get it sized for the studs you see I would go for it. Hope to do mine in the spring.

adam

Thanks porthole,

According to the "Horizon II" installation guide I only need 4" above the door opening to mount the awning rail. This would allow proper door operation. My plan would be to affix this awning to the horizontal framework above the door that can been seen in my photo's.

In your case without having to deal with a bunk window - definately go with the "Carefree" product for your coach. They are great.

Adam.

porthole

Retired
Adam, good luck and since you are new here, welcome and be aware that any modifications made to your coach require pictures and descriptions of what you did for all to share in the glory!