2011 Focus FX18 is scrap!

dbdegj

This trailer was bought new in 2012. I've been careful to check everything spring and fall - including seams - especially along the roof.

This spring, we decided to upgrade to a different floor configuration. So we have the unit assessed to determine a trade-in value.

Surprise! Water damage in slide-out, front wall, rear wall, storage floor is mushy. Repair estimate is between $8,000 and $9,000. Salvage value: under $2000.

'Lil Guy'

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. You never noticed any of this before? Sounds like preventive maintenance could have stopped all of this. Was some of the water intrusion due to plumbing? When on the roof you need to really look close at every seam and opening such as vents, skylights, antennae, etc. It's easier to see the problems after you have cleaned it. You don't want to be walking next to the front and rear seam either. I guess my question is, have you ever recaulked anything on the rig in the 2 years you've had it? Again, sorry to hear of your problems.

GOTTOYS

I would get an independent repair service to look at it and give you an estimate. The dealer you want to trade it in at may try to lo-ball you to get a deal on your trade.. It might not be nearly as bad as they want to make it sound...Don

'Lil Guy'

I would get an independent repair service to look at it and give you an estimate. The dealer you want to trade it in at may try to lo-ball you to get a deal on your trade.. It might not be nearly as bad as they want to make it sound...Don
You have a good point here. Both of them.