2011 rw405

mrendahl

Looking for any advice from anyone who might also be looking at or owns the Road Warrior RW405 (40' 5th wheel toy hauler). Just recently purchased a 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 w/ 6.7 litre diesel and 3.73 rear-end. I am assuming by looking at all the tow guides I should be fine, but I was just curious what experience anyone out there might have with this size truck/trailer combo before we pull the trigger on this rig. Good, bad or otherwise..thx

Jellystone

I saw your post in a different section, but i'll respond to it here. I believe that you will be overloaded w/that combo. If you pack EXTREMELY light, you would barely be within your tow limit safely, looking at UVW on the 405. That 5th wheel has a 18,000 lbs gross weight & your truck w/3.73 rear end has a tow rating of 13,500 lbs from the factory (4,500 lbs difference). If you had the 4.10 rear end then your tow rating jumps up to 17,850 lbs for that particular 2010 truck. Look at a lighter model in my opinion-risks are to high to play around with.

Jellystone

Branson4020, i'm assuming he has a dually. If someone thinks they can pull a 18,000 gvw 5th wheel w/swr truck, then they need to make an appointment at Dr. Cookoo's office. Just my little ole' opinion.