1-key both entry doors the same
2-all exterior lights LED
3-taller aluminum kick panels on garage wall
4-move basement vacuum outlet to one side
5-shelves beside bed for clock etc.
6-ability to regulate heat vents
7-key rack/holders inside each entry door
8-midship turn signals

1 Sure would be nice. And should be a "no cost" option to do. Here is the company that supplies the locks.
http://www.fastecindustrial.com/catalog.htm#lock_div_cat
And the lock division is in ELkhart.

2 Agree

3 This would be nice if it was on the option list. Some may not want the taller diamond plate, preferring the more residential look. I did see a Cyclone on the assembly line that had 3' high diamond plate that the customer requested.

4 Also an easy enough line change. Moved mine already.

5 No room besides bed. I added a shelf to the top of the headboard.

6 Agree

7 I use these hooks hanging on the cabinet. One right over the sink. Keeps the keys visible and off the counter. I also have several of them in the garage on the wall cabinet. Makes for a convenient hook to hang the bike jackets while parked.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/over-the-cabinet-door-hooks/6133

8 Agree, one of my spring projects, along with tying in the rear flood lights to the reverse lights.

Attachments

• single hook.JPG
    single hook.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 15
  • double hook.JPG
    double hook.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 14

Mike Aplin

All great ideas folks. Keep them coming as we continue to look at enhancing the product. Thank you, Mike

pineguy

Couple things I noticed about our new 2011 3850 that would be nice to have and some need to be changed.

- In the garage, the AC vent and the fan need to be moved from above the bed area. With the beds up these 2 things are virtually useless, especially the fan as it is no longer a fantastic fan one has to climb on the top bunk to turn it on.

- the bunk access, a better ladder needs to be designed. I have fixed this problem myself.

- Entry doors need to be keyed the same. Have a whole keychain of keys to access varios parts of the rig :-( This has already been mentioned though.

- Shelf above bed as mentioned from other posters too. Need somewhere to put your glasses, remote control for the tv and tissues since there are no night tables. I have added this also, but should come from factory.

Riverman

It would be great if the garage door swung into the trailer hallway rather than into the garage area. Once our ATV's are in the garage, we are unable to open the door. Not sure if there are regs against this?? but would make more sense I think.

Mike Aplin

Great question. I am not sure if there is any codes for this but one of the things that we also looked at was the fact that most of our slide out rooms "block" the entry door from opening into the coach when the slide room is in the in position. Therefore, the door would be unable to open while in transit. Thanks, Mike

Mike Aplin

All great ideas and suggestions. We will take all of these under consideration. Keep them coming because we really do take a real hard look at everything. Take care, Mike

pineguy

It would be great if the garage door swung into the trailer hallway rather than into the garage area. Once our ATV's are in the garage, we are unable to open the door. Not sure if there are regs against this?? but would make more sense I think.

This is one of the main reasons we went with the 3850 and the optional patio door. We planned on carryng stuff and it would be nice to get back there when the slides are out.

Riverman

The 3950 floorplan would allow reversing the door to swing into the living area hallway. That setup would always allow access regardless of what was parked in the garage or the position of the slides.

pineguy

Are you able to take the door jamb out and reverse it?

I never paid too much attention to see how the interior doors are installed in these units.

Mike Aplin

I think you would be correct in saying that the 3950 door could be swund inward if you needed to for your application. Thanks, Mike

yuri_rage

- In the garage, the AC vent and the fan need to be moved from above the bed area. With the beds up these 2 things are virtually useless, especially the fan as it is no longer a fantastic fan one has to climb on the top bunk to turn it on.
I have a 2011 3612 and agree on all counts.

I do have a Fantastic Fan above the garage bunks, but it'd be better if it were located a few feet forward, so the bunks didn't have to be lowered for it to be useful.

I hate the large key-ring required. In fact, I have yet to receive keys for the forward baggage slam-doors, and I still need too many keys for the rig. I plan on adding some residential dead bolts that are keyed the same, so that will alleviate the entry door issue (but it would be a nice factory option).

Is it too much to ask to clean the sawdust and installation debris before delivering the trailer? We are continually finding sawdust in and around the vents, and I recently removed a hole saw cutout from the sewer hose storage area. A cleaner install process would be nice.

The Lippert electric rear stabilizer is nice, but it appears to be a light duty/economy unit. A heavier duty unit would be a nice option. I know the rear stabilizers aren't meant to level/jack the trailer, but the stock unit seems barely adequate even for stabilizing.

Also agreed that it'd be nice if there were a way to access the living area from the garage with the slide-out in the stowed position.

pineguy

I have a 2011 3612 and agree on all counts.

I do have a Fantastic Fan above the garage bunks, but it'd be better if it were located a few feet forward, so the bunks didn't have to be lowered for it to be useful.

So you have a 2011 and it has the fantastic fan in the garage. When in production did they stop using them and why??? I know when I ordered from the spec sheet it mine was suppose to come with the fantastic vent in the garage after looking at some of my paperwork. This is something that I never noticed till just the other day. The garage area would seem like a good place to have a fantastic vent as the garage is meant to store our toys?

Mike, would you have a comment on this one?

Thx

Mike Aplin

I'm a little confused by your post. Are you saying that your unit did NOT have a fant. vent in the garage? All Cyclones and Road Warriors have a power vent in the garage with its own thermostat as part of the standard equipment. Thanks, Mike

Nope, my unit does not have the fantastic vent in the garage. Just a plain old noisy fan that I have to climb on the bunk to turn on and open the vent manually. I was a little confused about this as well. I could take a picture if you like.

The only fantastic vent I have is in the kitchen.

rnewk52

we just took delivery of a 2011 3812 and it does not have a fantastic fan in the garage, just the noisy manual fan.

Mike Aplin

If your unit doesn't have the fantastic fan in the garage you will need to contact our customer service dept. If you unit was built CSA (Canadian specs), then the fantastic fan is not allowed per the CSA specs to my knowledge. If you need verification of this, please provide our customer service and have the last six digits of your VIN# available. Thank you, Mike.

gpshemi

Consider changing the window in the door from frosted to the regular mirrored glass so we can see out. Perhaps make it even bigger or full length. Would be an awesome addition to make Cyclones unique. I hate my frosted glass and lack of a true window.