2012 3/4 & 1Ton Pickup Sales

Mavick

Im not a mechanic I was just going off what I've read. Im sure my buddy who did the work would have described it different. LOL

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Im not a mechanic I was just going off what I've read. Im sure my buddy who did the work would have described it different. LOL

I know what you mean. My knowledge of the 6.0 comes from the performance diesel shop I use (when I had my dodge). He is a Ford fanatic and loves the 6.0 and 6.4. I have picked his brain a fair bit about them and seen a few engines that sat on the engine stand after he completed what he considered fixing Fords mistakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

BarneyFife

What about the F450? Does that cut away from Ford's numbers in the OPs post? If Ford sells a 450, does it not count in those numbers? I've even noticed in Diesel Power and others how they fail to mention it when comparing trucks (example: the new Ram).

When we bought our truck, a huge reason we went with the 450 instead of the 350 was selection. There were close to ten F450s and three F350s. This is a huge dealership and they love selling 450s.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
What about the F450? Does that cut away from Ford's numbers in the OPs post? If Ford sells a 450, does it not count in those numbers? I've even noticed in Diesel Power and others how they fail to mention it when comparing trucks (example: the new Ram).

When we bought our truck, a huge reason we went with the 450 instead of the 350 was selection. There were close to ten F450s and three F350s. This is a huge dealership and they love selling 450s.

I don't think it included the F450. The article said 3/4 and 1 tons. But maybe they did being that a 2011 to present F450 is more like a F355.

I wanted to look at the 450 but the dealer I wanted to deal with had one. It was a XT or XLT. Sad as this dealer is the largest F series in Texas or in the Nation. Salesman said they just don't sell them that often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I wonder if the 450 is counted as a "Medium Duty" truck where the 350 and 250 are "light duty"? Just a guess as to them not being included.

tmcran

At Auto Zone today. Four GM, one Ram six Ford's. This must mean Ford's need more maintenance. Or could it be Ford owners just like Auto Zone more than the others. :cool:

BarneyFife

When in Elkhart, I've noticed that most of the RV transporters drive Dodges. Just an observation...

Love my Ram!

I would tend to agree. They're cheaper and the Cummins is probably the most dependable overall.

That being said, I've noticed that most of the RV'ers drive Fords.

mmomega

AnyTimer
At Auto Zone today. Four GM, one Ram six Ford's. This must mean Ford's need more maintenance. Or could it be Ford owners just like Auto Zone more than the others. :cool:
The Fords were there because they had to drive their Chevy driving friends cause their trucks couldn't make it... no but seriously.

I just like reading info in posts like this no matter which truck I had, I like numbers and stats and so many people just make them up.

I was close close close to getting a GMC over my Ford but the dealer we have here doesn't believe much in taking anything off of the sticker price. I wasn't asking much, I just said ok I want to buy this truck you want to sell this truck, show me my out the door price. He took $1500 or so off MSRP. The Ford dealer I went to took $12,000 off.
To me I liked the trucks equally, it came down to pricing and Ford won my purchase.

I still love the look of the GMC Denali 3500's.

..... never went to look at a Ram though. Chrysler done me wrong in the past twice and it was just burned in my memory not to give them a chance again. Who knows, I may have loved a Ram truck too.

Netem

I was at the grocery store the other day and there was 8 GM's 2 Rams and 15 Fords. Does this mean Ford guys are fatter ?:p

Eddhuy

"At Auto Zone today. Four GM, one Ram six Ford's. This must mean Ford's need more maintenance. Or could it be Ford owners just like Auto Zone more than the others." I have a Ford and like auto zone because of its location. I usually go there when my daughters GMC truck needs a part or to purchase maintenance items but not yet for broken parts on my Ford. She has 175K on her 01 1500 HD Sierra and I only have 120K on my 04 F350 Lariat. My daughter is looking at new F350 King Ranches and I am quite happy still with my 04 stock 6.0L diesel.

lwmcguir

It is interesting to see China get more involved in GM all the time. Check it out if you aren't aware of that. With all the new features and HP in the HD pickups it will be interesting in a few years to see how it shakes out. We are sticking with Ford and have several because they hold up over the long haul.