2012 3450TS 12v Issue

Zach

I went to winterize my 3450TS this weekend at the storage place where I keep it. Only certain 12v circuits were working. No lights or water pump. After messing with it for a while I plugged it in to my friends rig with a generator and then the rest of the 12v circuits decided to work. Is this normal? Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Howdy Zach and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to gather and share information about our rigs.
I moved you post to the 12 volt DC area.
We may need a little more information.
Were you plugged in when using your 12 volt? Could be your battery is very low, then when you plugged into your friends rig the converter started up.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think the other two posters are right on the money. Your battery is/was very low and only had enough juice for minimal lights. Several items use 12 volts while not plugged in and these items can drain a battery in a matter of a few weeks. Your best bet is to purchase a battery cut off switch. A fully charged battery should last a few months when disconnected.

GOTTOYS

If you haven't removed the battery cable to disconnect it, I would do that. Check your battery to see if it needs a charge. A dead battery will freeze if stored and be ruined. There are a couple things in the trailer that will always put a draw on the battery even if you aren't using it...Don

Zach

I don't think it is the battery. I was able to cycle all three slides and move the landing gear without it being plugged in. I had no interior lights/refer/water pump until I plugged it in.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't think it is the battery. I was able to cycle all three slides and move the landing gear without it being plugged in. I had no interior lights/refer/water pump until I plugged it in.
OK, That's very strange. At least to me it is. I'm baffled.:confused:

brianharrison

Sounds like you are not getting 12V power from the battery to the breaker panel - the slides/landing gear (and a few others) run off the DC bus bar and autoreset breakers and the lights/refer/water pump run off the DC breaker panel. THe 12V supply from the converter seems to be feeding the breaker panel though.

You'll have to check your specific wiring but I would check to see if there are two 12V feeds to your breaker panel, and see if one from the battery (or disconnect if you have one) is loose and not making good connection. Sometimes when it gets colder outside, the connections that are loose/limited, or wire problems show up with a colder environment. The fun of troubleshooting electrical.

Good luck.

Brian