2012 Heartland Landmark Key Largo outside entertainment center door leak

goldenbear

Noticed the floor was wet on the inside of the front slideout under the back of the entertainment center and below the side slideout window. The outside strip on the bottom of the slideout below the side window was not caulked at the factory. The bottom stips on the other slidouts all are caulked. I caulked this outside strip. I checked the inside of the entertainment center and there was water standing in the plastic housing where the stereo and TV are mounted. I checked the door seal and it is petty flat but, I also noticed the top of the door when closed stands out about an 1/8" away from the front of the slideout wall creating a ledge to collect water. The top door hinges are welded in place so there is no adjustment. I don't think any amount of rubber seals will solve this problem. Being that this is a flush mounted door you would think the door would be flush or a little recessed to the slideout wall. I did call Heartland Customer Service to get the leak issue recorded and will be stopping at the dealer where we purchased the unit next week. Any suggetions?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
If I remember right SouthernNights on here had an issue with his door also. Maybe give him a PM and see what he ended up doing.

wildwolfproducts

My doors there sits flush and has never leaked. You can adjust the hinges same way they do on autos these days. Hammer and punch moves them in to adjust these.
Pete