2013 BH3570RS - want to upgrade to LED for clearance/marker lights

StevieWonder

I'm taking delivery of a brand spanking new 3570RS Friday morning. I upgraded all the marker and clearance lights on my 2008 Sundance 2800RLS to LED lighting with a simple bulb change. Now I face a challenge with the 3570.

Rectangular marker lights are easy ... The issue is going to be with the round clearance lights on the front cap.
I assume these are the 2" Bargman units which appear to be a sealer "module" that fits a two-pin pigtail. Without figuring a way to break the seal on the module, replace the bulbs with LEDs and then reseal it, it appears I may not have any alternative.

Anybody out there know anything about these clearance lights? It's amazing to me that a $80K trailer still uses incandescent bulbs in this era. I would expect that on a corrugated bumper pull but not on what is supposed to be an upscale 5er.

jnbhobe

Unless they have changed something the front cap clearance lights have been LED for years!!

GOTTOYS

Doesn't sound like it would be worth the trouble to me for the few times we have to run after dark..JMHO, Don

wdk450

Doesn't sound like it would be worth the trouble to me for the few times we have to run after dark..JMHO, Don

As a safety measure, I ALWAYS run with lights on when towing, mainly for the headlight notice-ability. With the increased braking distances I want to avoid people left turning in front of me, etc.

StevieWonder

Well, the front clearance and all the tail lights are LEDs. The dealer said they weren't. I will still upgrade the side marker lamps to LEDs (they are incandescent) which can be done in 5 minutes for all of them.

jnbhobe

Well, the front clearance and all the tail lights are LEDs. The dealer said they weren't. I will still upgrade the side marker lamps to LEDs (they are incandescent) which can be done in 5 minutes for all of them.

I changed all mine out to Truck-lite LED's. They were a direct replacement of the stock lights, also added side turn lamps at the same time and backup lights.