2013 Goshen Rally - Pre-Rally Info

convert

Reginald Hromek
Sounds like there will be a LOT of piggin out, Like a contest. Right Bernie?? See you at the table.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Count us in!! This is going to be some pre-rally and rally, I better pull out my suspenders as the belt will definitely have to be let out.:eek:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Gosh - it sure does sound like there's more events before the rally than during the rally.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Gosh - it sure does sound like there's more events before the rally than during the rally.
True enough but for us it seems we never have enough time to "see the sights" during the normal rally days. We're not going to do many of the pre rally activities. Instead, we'll head out on our own to do all the things we don't normally have or take time for.
Flea Markets, specialty shops, RV surplus etc.

JJnVA

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - FREE Pig Pickn' added to Pre-Rally

WOO HOO! Thank you Jim and Heartland for providing yet another opportunity for us Heartland owners to break bread together and share stories and laughter....and its one less meal for us to have to plan. We LOVE Heartland! We arrive Tuesday 11th to experience it all.

shovelguy

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - FREE Pig Pickn' added to Pre-Rally

WOO HOO! Thank you Jim and Heartland for providing yet another opportunity for us Heartland owners to break bread together and share stories and laughter....and its one less meal for us to have to plan. We LOVE Heartland! We arrive Tuesday 11th to experience it all.

AMEN to this. We will be there the 13th, just in time.

jbeletti

Shipshewana - who's going Wednesday the 12th?

Hey Pre-Rally Attendees,

Some of us are heading over to Shipshewana in the morning (Wednesday the 12th). Nothing really organized.

Nancy, Nathan and I plan to:
- Visit the Menno-Hof
- Visit the Flea Market
- Maybe have lunch at The Bluegate Restaurant
- Get some meat at Yoders Meats
- Look around at E&S Sales (aka the bulk store)

Here's a link to some Shipshewana things to do/see

Maybe see you there!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Re: Shipshewana - who's going Wednesday the 12th?

Hey Pre-Rally Attendees, Some of us are heading over to Shipshewana in the morning (Wednesday the 12th). Nothing really organized. Nancy, Nathan and I plan to: - Visit the Menno-Hof - Visit the Flea Market - Maybe have lunch at The Bluegate Restaurant - Get some meat at Yoders Meats - Look around at E&S Sales (aka the bulk store) Here's a link to some Shipshewana things to do/see Maybe see you there!
Jim,
Carol and I are already here in Shipshewana. We are camped near the flea market. Love to join you all for lunch is you have a time you plan on being there
Keith

jbeletti

Re: Shipshewana - who's going Wednesday the 12th?

Jim,
Carol and I are already here in Shipshewana. We are camped near the flea market. Love to join you all for lunch is you have a time you plan on being there
Keith

Sounds good Keith - maybe around noonish? My cell is 574-333-1153.

jbeletti

Our Shipshewana Plan

Well, it looks like we'll have a warm/humid day without rain until around 2pm today - then the rains begin.

Based on that, Nancy and I are changing up our personal Shipshewana plan as follows:

Nancy, Nathan and I plan to:

- Visit the Flea Market
- Maybe have lunch at The Bluegate Restaurant
- Visit the Menno-Hof > Take your club badge to get the group rate of $5.50
- Davis Mercantile
- Get some meat at Yoders Meats - their bacon is really good!
- Look around at E&S Sales (aka the bulk store)

Today's Shipshewana forecast (link)

jimpav

Re: Our Shipshewana Plan

Found..........small white male cat. Very young about 18" long with slight smudge on head and tail. We have him in our trailer but do not have any kitten food. If anyone has lost this cat call 616-566-4164. If anyone has any kitten food we can have until we can get to town to buy some,please let us know.
WE are in the Eagle Ridge at site SO210. thanks
Jim And Claudia

jbeletti

Found..........small white male cat. Very young about 18" long with slight smudge on head and tail. We have him in our trailer but do not have any kitten food. If anyone has lost this cat call 616-566-4164. If anyone has any kitten food we can have until we can get to town to buy some,please let us know.
WE are in the Eagle Ridge at site SO210. thanks
Jim And Claudia

Looks like Clarence/Franklin/Harley migrated south :)

Jim - this kitten was hanging out up here on Harley Hill the past week. Had many potential adoptive parents but in the end - no takers. There's a Mama (barn) cat up here by Harley's barn - probably the mom to the kitty.

Jim

jimpav

ok....I think he's found a taker!!! He refuses to leave our site and is now comfortably resting on our bed, quite content.
AS we recently had to put down our cat of 12 years, I think this kitten found a new home. We will buy some food and litter today. We will still let him explore the rally and the friends he's made. Unless someone "claims" him, we will take him back to a nice home in Holland. Please, all rally goers be careful not to run him over as he bids his farewell during the week.
Jim and Claudia

jbeletti

Pig Pickn' Tonight at 6pm!

Hey Goshen Pre-Rally attendees - don't forget dinner tonight. We're having a Pig Pickn' under the Nelson's Pavilion here at the Fairgrounds. It's near the center of the venue near the clock tower.

Food, drink and table service is provided by Heartland RVs. All you need to being is your appetite and a smile :)

There are picnic tables there though some may want to sit on their own camping chairs - so bring some if you want to. Adult beverages are on you too.

See you at 6pm!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Re: Pig Pickn' Tonight at 6pm!

Hey Goshen Pre-Rally attendees - don't forget dinner tonight. We're having a Pig Pickn' under the Nelson's Pavilion here at the Fairgrounds. It's near the center of the venue near the clock tower.

Food, drink and table service is provided by Heartland RVs. All you need to being is your appetite and a smile :)

There are picnic tables there though some may want to sit on their own camping chairs - so bring some if you want to. Adult beverages are on you too.

See you at 6pm!
Great Dinner Jim. You all done gooder.