2013 Wilderness RL2750 hard to cool

khasay

My Wilderness RL2750 is very hard to keep cool during the hot summer months. It is "copper" colored all around with a dark colored roof. Is there a treatment to make the roof more reflective of heat. There must be some kind of paint etc to make the roof reflect heat rather than absorb it. Any suggestions?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
My Wilderness RL2750 is very hard to keep cool during the hot summer months. It is "copper" colored all around with a dark colored roof. Is there a treatment to make the roof more reflective of heat. There must be some kind of paint etc to make the roof reflect heat rather than absorb it. Any suggestions?

This looks like a good solution, as it says it can be applied over existing sheet EPDM rubber roofs. You could put a coating of white over your existing rubber. (sending you a PM regarding the Glendale Rally in 2016) Trace

http://www.epdmcoatings.com/rv-roof-repair.php

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks for your help. I will look into it. Also, the rally in Glendale would be great for us.

Look into the Heartland Owner's Club . . .

We just bought a new 5th-wheel trailer six days ago . . . and it was the Heartland Owner's Club that kept us in the Heartland brand!

And all of that after having a $3,000 repair bill to our previous 2013 Heartland trailer to even make it worthy of a trade in . . .

We made so many friends in the Heartland Owner's Club that we couldn't visualize going camping without being a member of the Heartland Owners Club!

I'm not making this up . . . end of story!