2014 22RBK. Cabinet under TV.

silvasp

What is behind the cabinet under the TV? It's where all the breakers are for the trailer, but I can't imagine that taking all that space. Can I have a cabinet guy put doors (and a partition so nothing shorts) on it and utilize that space for storage?

See photo (if this works lol)

Guess not... New user still :(

danemayer

Hi silvasp,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. There's a chance someone else has already investigated this area on their North Trail and can give you the benefit of their experience.

If not, you might get to do some exploring and report your findings.

mbopp

Well, it appears similar to the one in my 21FBS. Disconnect the shore power, remove the converter front cover, and then remove the converter. There's enough slack in the wires to pull the converter out of the cabinet. Now you can see what you have. Yes, you can recover some usable space if you can put a false floor in it and tidy up the wiring.
If you can find the right size door either in your trailer or a similar Heartland model you could order a door from the factory to match the ones you have.