2014 3070RE No Rear Stabilizer Jacks

Dose

Hello,

I recently purchased a new 2014 Big Country 3070RE. This is my first 5th wheel, and after setting it up i noticed i have a lot of movement in the coach while walking around. It does have the 6 jack auto-leveling system which i love but no rear stabilizer jacks. Should the lack of jacks concern me? Also, what can i do to fix the movement while walking around.

Thanks

pegmikef

I have the 3010 RE also with no rear jacks, but we haven't had a movement problem. I have read on the forum that some have added the rear jacks or use portable jacks for additional stabilization, but so far we have not needed it.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I have the 2014 3585 with the 6 point level up system and I had quite a bit of movement in the rear. I just purchased one of those cheap cross frame aluminum stabilizers from amazon and it took out most of the shaking. I have a set of JT's strong arm stabilizers that come off our other 5er and they make adapters to fit the round feet and I will probably put them on later when I have the time.

Dose

I have the 2014 3585 with the 6 point level up system and I had quite a bit of movement in the rear. I just purchased one of those cheap cross frame aluminum stabilizers from amazon and it took out most of the shaking. I have a set of JT's strong arm stabilizers that come off our other 5er and they make adapters to fit the round feet and I will probably put them on later when I have the time.

Do you have a link to the amazon ones? I'd like to try them out. I was surprised to see how close to the axles the last set of jacks are. They should have been several feet back to the rear.

pegmikef

Do you have a link to the amazon ones? I'd like to try them out. I was surprised to see how close to the axles the last set of jacks are. They should have been several feet back to the rear.

I think it is probably a weight thing because a lot of folks use the level up system to get the wheels off the ground and it is most likely less stress on the frame.

Gizzy

I guess we should feel lucky that we have the 4 point level up with the rear stabilizers. We do not have any movement problems. Seems to be problems with many that have the 6 point system.

Hello,

I recently purchased a new 2014 Big Country 3070RE. This is my first 5th wheel, and after setting it up i noticed i have a lot of movement in the coach while walking around. It does have the 6 jack auto-leveling system which i love but no rear stabilizer jacks. Should the lack of jacks concern me? Also, what can i do to fix the movement while walking around.

Thanks
I have the same trailer, also with the 6 point levelling. Get more weight on the jacks & less on the tires, this will eliminate any trailer movement, mine has next to no movement when walking thru trailer.