2014 Bighorn 3875FB: cant determine which gate valve dumps the front toilet

Jward

Just bought a 2014 Bighorn 3875FB, and can't get the front black tank to dump. Been full timing for 4+ yrs, so am familiar with the dumping process. The spec sheets and owners manual all say that I have two Grey, but only one black tank. But I have 4 cable pulls for 4 valves (not happy about these cable pulls, compared to what I had on my Southwind). I've attached pics of my setup, please advise!!

Attachments

• 20221218_120615.jpg
    20221218_120615.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 20221218_120541.jpg
    20221218_120541.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you’re sure there’s water in the tank and nothing comes out when you pull the valve handle, it’s possible that the valve is not opening or there’s a plug/debris at the tank opening. To determine which valve is for which tank, add some food coloring to it and put a clear adapter on the sewer connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kathi-27

when we had our bighorn fb and our now landmark fb they are the same as your pic. top is the shower gray tank, mid is front bath black tank , bottom is 1/2 bath black tank. the outside access door with a pull handle gray 2 for the kit galley gray tank.

david-steph2018

Just bought a 2014 Bighorn 3875FB, and can't get the front black tank to dump. Been full timing for 4+ yrs, so am familiar with the dumping process. The spec sheets and owners manual all say that I have two Grey, but only one black tank. But I have 4 cable pulls for 4 valves (not happy about these cable pulls, compared to what I had on my Southwind). I've attached pics of my setup, please advise!!
The easiest way I can tell you to determine which is which, use food coloring. Get a couple of different colors, mix in a 5-gallon bucket and dump in the toilets.
Hint: write down what color you dump where, so there is no doubt when you dump.