2014 Heartland bighorn 36tb

mddcruz

Hi All

So last summer our furnace stopped working..at first it would click 3 times and then shut off.

Furnace: SFV - 35Q - 35FQ

I am plugged into 50 amp..the 12v battery reader is showing 4 lights..

Now nothing is happening. On the control panel in the furnace when I switch the on/off button to on..it sits and waits and then the red light flashes..about once every 3 seconds...but nothing blows or tries to ignite.

I put in a new sail switch and when I move it ..I hear a buzzing but nothing else happens.

When I turn the furnace on with the thermostat..I hear the A/C click once and sounds like the furnace clicks once..but nothing else..no blower..no attempt at igniting.

I went to the fuse box and started checking fuses..there were no error lights lite up in the fuse panel.

I did notice that when I was pulling fuses..the red lights were turning on..

But when I pulled the fuse for the furnace..no red light turned on despite me removing the fuse..

I'm just at a loss to understand where my problem lies. Any help would be much appreciated..its getting cold now and we need that furnace working.

Bogie

Do you have a voltmeter? You will need one in order to try and diagnose the problem.

Since the fan is not coming on, even if there was no other problem, the furnace will not light. I would first check the voltage at the fan motor with the thermostat on. If 12 volts is present, the fan is most likely bad. If 12 volts is not present, the problem could be with the control module.

I would check the high temp limit switch and sail switch also just to be sure.

You can find the Suburban installation manual in the tools section of this forum here: https://manuals.heartlandowners.org...burban/SF-20-25-30-35-42_Furnace_Suburban.pdf

The circuit diagram for the furnace is on page 9.

I have also attached a Suburban Furnace Service Manual. There is a troubleshooting chart starting on page 27.

Finally, there are many Youtube videos that discuss how to troubleshoot.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• Furnace_Service_Manual.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 1

mddcruz

Thank you Bogie so much..ill check that out for sure. Its very frustrating to not know what's happening especially when you need it to work lol..

I'll update as I find out more or get a solution.

Very valuable advice. Definitely appreciated.

chaplady

We had a issue with no heater no blower would come on when turning thermostat on. Ended up being a control board up in the living room air conditioner on the roof went bad.

hoefler

Remove the blower assembly, check for a wasp nest preventing the blower to spin. While you're in then, inspect the heat exchanger for any obstructions, such as wasp nests.