2014 North Trail 32BUDS - A little disappointed in ceiling height

Ranchdip

I admit I was a little disappointed after visiting a local dealer here in Houston. All of the ceilings across all brands at this dealer had 2-3 inches of ceiling height over my 2014 North Trail. I felt a little buyer’s remorse I admit. The extra ceiling height makes a huge difference IMO on the overall feel and perception of space. I'm surprised NT didn't follow the current trends in RV industry by raising the ceilings from 6'6". It’s just an observation. I'm sure many folks won't care but for me it would have been a deal breaker I think. I still love the trailer though.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'd only be worried if I had a ceiling fan!

We are both 5' 11" tall, so it seems perfect for us.

Plus . . . less worries about low bridges . . .

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The new 2015s have a curved ceiling that seems to add a bit of additional height in the living area, The front bedroom has a flat ceiling.

The accent color of dark and light seem to have a more dramatic effect in the perception of space. It made it harder to decide on upgrading from our light colored 2010 North Trail to a new 2015 North trail. The dark accent colors make the interior feel more closed in.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I had suggested when you were first looking at buying a Heartland to make a list of things that were important to you, and then go find that trailer and buy it. Seems now you have something to add to that list if you ever made one. Maybe a torque or Edge would better suit you?

Ranchdip

I had suggested when you were first looking at buying a Heartland to make a list of things that were important to you, and then go find that trailer and buy it. Seems now you have something to add to that list if you ever made one. Maybe a torque or Edge would better suit you?

I'm not trying to put NT's on blast here. Like I said, I still love the trailer but I wasn't aware at the time the ceilings were 2-3" shorter in the NT than a lot of brands. This is my first time to buy an RV and I was just stating a surprising observation.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I apologize if I gave you the impression that I thought you were blasting the NT's. I did not. I am just serious about the list. When we bought our NT it had absolutely everything we had on our list. Now after owning it we find it doesn't. So the next trailer we own will have a roof vent over the bed. Unlike you the ceiling height is not important to us and will never be on our list, but usable space is.

Ranchdip

No worries...thx Ghettomedic I'm 6'-0" and to be honest the ceilings are fine in that regard. It just feels a little more cramped in there to me when I'm travelling back and forth between my trailer and a Forest River for instance. Put it on the list for next time.