2014 Roadwarrior- Replacement Battery?

Rodsram

I gave owned my 2014 Roadwarrior for 4 months and the battery is dead, try to run the generator for two hrs a month.
The battery needs to be jump stated every time. I need a new battery -
Any and all reccomendations much appreciated.
Rod.

jimtoo

Hi Rodsram,

Probably nothing wrong with your battery,, just being drained by parasite draws... your CO2 sensor, fridge or anything that is 12v that maybe drawing a little current. About a week is all it takes

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you keeping your rig plugged in between the generator chargings?
Your battery may just be going dead by parasitic draw.
If you rig has battery cut off switch, use it, or disconnect the neutral battery cable while you are away.

Peace
Dave

szewczyk_john

The other issue is that most marine deep cycle batteries have thick plates in them while cranking power comes from thin plated batteries. You battery may not even have parasitic draws, you may not have even had it fully charged yet. A 2 hour run on a benny is not enough time to fully charge a battery. You don't say if you use your cut off switch or not. I would charge the battery completely before making any other decisions. I have always depended on 2 6 volt batteries for my RVs but I do more boondock camping than most others.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Depending on the model of Converter/Charger in your rig the time to fully charge a dead battery can actually take several days. Here's a link to some FAQs for Progressive Dynamics converters.
The charging function isn't the same as the charger at your car dealer.

jimtoo

If you do not have a disconnect switch, then I would disconnect a terminal from the battery if your not hooked up ti 120v and going to leave it for more than just 2-3 days.
Cookie recommends it and I'm sure most every one else will agree.

ILH

Rod,

I've got a 2013 Road Warrior and I have a factory disconnect switch inside the basement compartment on the door side. It's tucked up high on the right hand side.

I get about 4 days before the battery is dead. You absolutely need to throw the switch to keep the charge between trips.

I've been wanting to install a solar panel to compensate for the draw - so I can leave the fridge on for long periods. Can't find anybody local who can do it.

Rodsram

Hi ILH,
Thanks for the reply, I do have the disconnect, and use it. But still have a dead battery after a few days, therefore thinking I had a bad battery and needed to replace it?
I love my road warrior, just a pain with he battery.

Thanks again

Rod.

ILH

If you've got a volt meter handy, check to see if any of the wires leading to the battery terminal are drawing current even in the off position. I've heard of some monitors that do not go through the cut off switch.

Rodsram

Thanks again,
i have and will do. Unfortunately I am working out of state at the moment, should be home in a week and will check on that.
Thanks again
Rod.

jimtoo

The only thing that should not go through the battery cutoff switch is the wire that feeds the break away switch for the brakes on the trailer.