2014 Wilderness 2850BH TV Size??

I just purchased a 2014 Wilderness 2850BH. It didn't come with a TV, so I am currently shopping for one to use in it. Just wondering if there is anyone that can tell me the maximum size that will work with my model. When measuring diagonally in the opening it measures just over 40" so I am hoping that a 40" flat screen would fit, but wasn't sure what size the factory mounting bracket was designed for. The TV is mounted between the main area and the bedroom and spins depending on where you are wanting to watch TV. Any help would be appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Patterson0108 welcome to this great forum and congratulations on your new Wilderness.
Television size are advertised by viewing size. So one 40 inch could have a border than another so it would be wise to measure the total width of the one you are looking at, as well as the width of the opening in your camper.
The mounts for today's Tv's are a standard size.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The mounts for today's Tv's are a standard size.

Although when you make the jump from a 37" to 40" LCD or LED TV . . . the bracket mounting holes on the back of the TV are spaced differently (I've been shopping around for a new one myself).

You might get a 40" in there, but most likely a 37" would be the largest size to fit in that space.

I have swing arm mounts in our trailer, so will have to stick to the 37" or smaller models.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
John you are correct. I should have stated that they are sized within a given range.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

John you are correct. I should have stated that they are sized within a given range.

Our Trail Runner only allowed a 24" TV in the living room, which is the same TV I have in the Prowler's living room right now, and as far as viewing is concerned it is plenty big enough.

But it doesn't fill the space and looks kind of funny in there.

I'll take a photo when I finish my lunch.

I think I will get a 32" TV when I decide to get a new one.

JohnD

I was resizing this photo to post here earlier and right when I hit 'save photo as' . . . our power went out!

The whole neighborhood was out . . . not sure what was going on.

Anyway . . . here is the shot of our entertainment center in the Prowler:

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

rahewett

I have a 2775 rb which has the same spin around tv set up for the living room/bedroom. The set that came in ours was a 32 inch. I also wanted something larger so I locked the tv down on the bedroom side and added a 40 inch set to the living room side of the box. Not sure of your seating arrangement but we put a pull out mount on it so we can see it no matter where we sit.