2015-2017 Ram Owners

Titanguy

Is there anyone in AZ. right now that feels like they have an integrated controller problem with electric drum or electric/hydraulic disc brakes?

There seems to be a lot of discussion on all forums right now about Rams new controller and I would like to try to do some diagnostics to attempt to see if this is a really a controller/voltage problem or brake related.

I am in AZ. until the end of March so will have some time over the next 60 days.

Bones

I'm in MD so I can't help you there. I do think the controller has a slight issue because I feel at times the truck and camper stop well and then times it doesn't feel like it is working but I have no error codes.

Here's a recent discussion on this topic
From what I understand. It's a proportional controller. I don't know any of the technical stuff of a proportional controller if that's what it is. But I do allow for extra stopping distance when hooked up and I don't count on being able to lock up my drum brakes on a #14,000 rv or my truck brakes with an extra #4,000 over the rear axle.

I do do like the controller in my 2015 ram 3500.

But if if your having a stopping problem you will need to sort that out.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/62003-Trailer-Brakes-and-RAM-Integrated-Brake-Controller