2015 cyclone VIN location?

im_1406

Please help advising where Heartland is stamping the Cyclones with the VIN?

I need to do a pencil rubbing for DMV.

Thanks in advance!

jimtoo

Hi im-1406,

Look up front on the side of the metal brackets where the pin box bolts on.

Jim M

im_1406

Thanks Jim......the salesman couldn't find it. Hopefully this helps! We purchased but cannot pick up for another week or so due to the weather.

danemayer

I never heard of needing a pencil rubbing for the DMV. I'm surprised they don't just take the VIN # from the dealer bill of sale and title application?

jnbhobe

I have never had to do a tracing on a new vehicle, I have on used stuff when its an interstate sale or a title mixup.

im_1406

Unfortunately, multiple individuals have gone to my unit but were unable to locate the VIN stamp in or around the PIN box area. Can anyone give me specifics for the 2015 Cy4200 location? They are telling me Heartland may no longer be stamping the units (I disagree).

I'm still some time out from taking delivery and would like to register it prior.....but need a pencil rubbing of the VIN stamp as required in Pa (absent of physically bringing the unit in).

Hoping someone can shed some light on this!!.....or better yet, a photo of the location.

Thanks,
Paul

im_1406

Funny.....that's exactly what I was just instructing my sales rep to do. It should be on the framing just above the PIN box.

THANKS!

danemayer

Unfortunately, multiple individuals have gone to my unit but were unable to locate the VIN stamp in or around the PIN box area. Can anyone give me specifics for the 2015 Cy4200 location? They are telling me Heartland may no longer be stamping the units (I disagree).

I'm still some time out from taking delivery and would like to register it prior.....but need a pencil rubbing of the VIN stamp as required in Pa (absent of physically bringing the unit in).

Hoping someone can shed some light on this!!.....or better yet, a photo of the location.

Thanks,
Paul
Do you have a label like this on the off-door-side, at the front? The VIN # is at the bottom. The bad news is that on our label, the printing is not raised, so a pencil rubbing won't do anything.
2015-03-10 19.31.39.jpg

im_1406

Thank you kindly Dan and Ann for the photo. You are correct, the sticker will not do for a pencil rubbing. Typically, [FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif]the left side of the metal where the pin box bolts on the unit. The VIN is stamped into the metal that is part of the frame itself. But, the RV sales team cannot locate it. I will call Heartland tomorrow to inquire.

Thanks,
Paul
[/FONT]

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Our VIN is located on the off door side near the front. It is a plaque that has weights, GVRW, Tire size, VIN, etc....

If you look closely below the bedroom slide, right beside the propane storage door, is a yellow label. That is where ours is located. I do not know of it stamped anywhere else. We have purchased the last 2 rigs out of state and went through AAA for the registration. They took the VIN off the paperwork. I did have to go to the CAT scale and get the weight documented.
5vaag7.jpg

enjoy and safe travels!!

im_1406

Bringing this issue to a close......response from Heartland below:"Unfortunately, Heartland RV no longer engraves or stamps the 17 digit VIN serial number onto our Fifthwheel frames anymore. Would refer you to the exterior printed sticker instead."Surprised,Paul

avvidclif

Time to spend a few bucks and buy a 1/8th " stamp set. Kinda a do it yourself fix. If you don't like stamping it on your trailer a piece of scrap metal will do and do your pencil rubbing from that. Since for auto theft purposes vehicles are required to have the VIN stamped on the frame (somewhere and some are hidden) I really don't see how they can get away with that.

im_1406

I am as surprised as you, AVVIDCLIF. Oh well. I did find an appropriate DMV form, sent it to the dealer to complete and notarize. Registration / License plate successful just this morning, and I did not have to drive this 44' beast to the small local DMV. LIG.

Jim.Allison

When I bought mine in Ohio, and transported to Texas, I had to register the trailer and pay sales tax. So I studied the subject thoroughly before taking delivery. I had each step planned out.

So when I went to pay my tax and get my sticker, they wanted me to go weigh the rig. I argued with them and they argued with me, until I showed them the transportation code and the trailers "Birth Certificate" (affectionately called by Heartland) which outlined the VIN and all the weights and measures, I explained that, if I weighed the trailer it would most assuredly produce similar but inaccurate results and would cause me to unnecessarily spend $25 buck for weighing it and the transportation cost to the scales. Having lost that battle, they told me that the state office would have the final word as to whether or not I had to weigh. I agreed. After a few minutes (DW tugging on my shirt), they reappeared and began my paperwork for registration off of the published data on the trailer, the state agreed with me. Turns out that the weigh ticket could be used as supporting evidence if no other documents were available. I had the best evidence in my hand, which made sense, what would an empty weight figure accomplish since taxes are collected based on GVWR.

Scourge of the earth is a bureaucrat, that does not know his job and relies on "thats the way we always do it" to get by. Well the way you always do it is not in accordance with the law. :cool:

oscar

The great state of Pens-a-tucky requires to see the VIN personally,as in bring the unit, or a pencil VIN rubbing (no photos accepted). :-(

Bovine excrement. Maybe your local notary doesn't know the rules. Went in (without the trailer) with manufacturers certificate of origin, bill of sale and a few other goodies and they were happy to process me.....especially the part where they took a $3800 check for sales tax..... :-(