2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

jbeletti

Hmmm. We'll have to see how that first come, first served site selection pans out. I would not want to get downgraded from where we've been the last two rallies because we don't show up in May.

John - site availability will not be a function of your planned arrival at the rally or pre-rally. It will be a function of when you can make your decision after the registration process opens.

And - there are ALWAYS plenty of cancellations. In years past, everyone who has wanted to get into these rallies has been accommodated.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
We know tons of planning and work goes into the National Rallies and thanks for doing all of the hard work that goes into them! We've met great people there and have had some wonderful times! We will be at Goshen 2015!

jbeletti

We know tons of planning and work goes into the National Rallies and thanks for doing all of the hard work that goes into them! We've met great people there and have had some wonderful times! We will be at Goshen 2015!

Thanks Tom and Kathy. Been following your adventures on Facebook. Looks like you enjoyed your winter in the sun out west :)

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks Jim.... we did and have committed for next year! We saw some great pics of your trip to MN too! As the planning for the Goshen 2015 Rally continues, we'll help where we can and remind us to Kevin and Nelly too!

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Tom, count me in on the golf. I agree with you, those clubs are always with me. Looking forward to it.

wildwolfproducts

Pete - a bunch of us TN folks met up in a campground in IN and traveled/arrived together to last year's rally as a group. We got there on Saturday and was able to attend one of the Amish dinner which was great. As everyone gets the dates down, we will start to work together to see if we can do the same next year. Watch your email as things develop in a couple of months.

Thanks will look forward to it.
Pete

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Count us in! Can't wait...sorry that we had to miss the VA rally and so we will have to make up for it by arriving to this rally early. Let us know if we can help!
Dave...Paul wants to know if he can have off to get there for the pre-rally. p.s. Miss you guys! Give Mary hugs!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sue, I have to check his schedule.
Looks promising so far.
Thanks Sue, miss you guys too.

Peace
Dave

happykraut

Judi and I will be there. Wouldn't miss any National. Really looking forward to it. Maybe we could do a pre pre rally again in Elkhart like we did last year.

ncc1701e

Tom, count me in on the golf. I agree with you, those clubs are always with me. Looking forward to it.

Gerry, I've started my spreadsheet to keep up with those of us interested in playing. Have you down. We played two round last year. Will see how the interest is this year and what I can work out with the course(s).

Tom

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are planning to attend, but dates depend on when school is out. We haven't seen a 2014-15 schedule at DHs new school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seren

Ok, talk to me. We bought our first RV (Landmark) back in March. Just started fulltiming. Never been to a rally and just reading this forum, it seems like something that would be nice to go to. This is in Indiana and in June? How many showup for this rally? Is it just for Heartland? Although we have learned a lot since March, still obviously pretty much "newbies". If we attend, do we graduate to novice? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

danemayer

Ok, talk to me. We bought our first RV (Landmark) back in March. Just started fulltiming. Never been to a rally and just reading this forum, it seems like something that would be nice to go to. This is in Indiana and in June? How many showup for this rally? Is it just for Heartland? Although we have learned a lot since March, still obviously pretty much "newbies". If we attend, do we graduate to novice? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Seren,

If I recall correctly, Jim has reserved 300 sites for this rally and it'll probably sell out, so there'll be around 600 Heartland Owners there. When registration opens in 1Q2015, preference is given to Club Members and in the past, all sites have been taken within a few days. After that, you go on the wait list. As it happens, for various reasons some people have to cancel, opening up spots for people on the wait list.

There is also a pre-rally week that's a lot of fun, with lots of socializing and planned activities in the nearby communities.

During the rally, there will be a number of interactive seminars with presentations from suppliers who make the appliances and fixtures in your RV.

And of course there's a lot of fun, with catered meals, pot lucks, dinner entertainment and more.

Hope to see you there.

jbeletti

Hi Seren,

Dan pretty much said it all. We'd love to see you there. Increase your chances of getting registered by joining the club. And if you get a chance, join a few chapter rallies before then as they are now in full swing all over North America.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Shirley and I plan on going to Goshen and the Ontario rally in 2015.

What is the date and location of the Ontario rally? I enjoy McGregor, but in 2013 it was the weekend before the rally and the Amish dinner (which we really enjoy) was in the pre-rally event dates, so they conflicted with that weekend in Ontario.