2015 Key Largo - Porch Light

adam

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me troubleshoot a porch light problem?

I took delivery of our Key Largo last week and I am unable to get the porch light to come on using the switch. That includes both the amber light above the door and the small amber light in the stair well. I have checked the bulbs and the fuse. Just no power.

The Key Largo is going back to the dealer for slide toppers in 3 weeks, obviously the issue can be addressed then but it sure would be nice to have the lights at night for the kids without having to use the LED lights.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Adam H

Not sure about the 2015, but my 2013 Key Largo's light under the step is controlled with the remote. The porch light switch is in the control panel. If the switch is on, and no blown fuse, something might not be wired up. You can check to see if you have power to the socket using an volt meter. If no power, then you would have to trace that back to the panel. Sorry not much help.

adam

Thanks Allen,

I will check for power in the morning. I tried the switch in the panel without success. I will also have another look at the remote. I didn't realize there was a option to control the lighting as well. Checking the wiring backwards from the lights could be quite a job.

Adam.

danemayer

Adam,

If the light over the door is the motion detector type, it might be out of adjustment. If you press the wall switch and it doesn't work, cycling it off and back on may activate the "always on" mode.

adam

Just for clarification I am looking for info on the exterior amber lights (one on the exterior sidewall and one in the exterior stepwell area.

danemayer

Just for clarification I am looking for info on the exterior amber lights (one on the exterior sidewall and one in the exterior stepwell area.
The step light may be controlled by the remote control. The porch light over the door, may still have a wall switch - not sure.

adam

So thanks to Dan 1/2 of my problem is fixed;

1. It turns out the "light" function on the remote control operates the small amber light in the stepwell area.

2. The porch light switch at the control panel is not activating the exterior overhead amber light. I will check for power at the light in the morning.

thanks