2015 Mid Year GMC Trucks

stevenssr

We ordered a 2015 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali SRW and just took delivery of it Thursday evening. The level of comfort and included technology is overwelming. It is a piece of artwork. One of the few negatives we have found is the turn signal led lights in the new style chrome/folding mirrors. These leds on the drivers side mirror are blinding when activated during night driving (passenger side not bad). It's difficult to see the area you are turning into on a left hand turn. The 2011 Silverado 2500 we traded on it had turn signal lights in the mirrors and they were in no way distracting as compared to these new ones. Still working on a solution to this situation.

I'm looking forward to my special order coming in. Interesting about the LED's. I hope you are having fun with your new truck (and trailer).

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well GM (Chevy & GMC) is only putting the folding mirrors on the Denali and SLT trucks built after Sept. 2015 from what I have been able to determine by reading the Duramax forum and some other websites. Again they are marching along without talking to owners of their products. I have a 2015 (Pre Sept 2015 build) yes that's my bill of sale and I have to pull the driver side mirror in to get the truck into my garage safely.
But I still love the truck.

I guess that is the price we pay for being the first ones to buy the new model year . . .

I bought my truck on Friday, August 22, 2014.

I think I am going to just buy a set of clip-on mirrors I found online for under $100 that are fitted for my style of mirror.

Probably a lot less expensive and probably just as usable as getting the GM trailer mirrors (which it seems should be part of the trailering package).

TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg

Kbvols

I guess that is the price we pay for being the first ones to buy the new model year . . .

I bought my truck on Friday, August 22, 2014.

I think I am going to just buy a set of clip-on mirrors I found online for under $100 that are fitted for my style of mirror.

Probably a lot less expensive and probably just as usable as getting the GM trailer mirrors (which it seems should be part of the trailering package).

View attachment 32437

John

I had clip on mirrors for years while functional they where a pain. I love the new camper mirrors on my truck big difference from the small ones with clip on extensions. Anyway to my point. Perhaps contact your dealer and see if they could work something out with you.
They maybe willing to give you better price on the camper style or trade out you never know.

3 weeks after I bought my truck I text my salesman inquiring on the cost of bed rail covers said he would get back with me a week later UPS delivers a set to me . So I text salesman told him he never gave me price but sent anyway he said they where on the dealership. I was shocked to say the least certainly exceeded my expectation. Give your dealer a call you never know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk