2015 Ram 2500, underbed hitch system

Gas20

Just bought a 2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab. Did not do my research well enough and found out that Dodge has come up with a underbed 5th wheel and gooseneck tow system. Well my 2500 did not have the underbed system so I am in process of having it installed by dodge. I was told by them that I would have to have the hitch rail kit that fastens to the underbed part. My question is will my 16K Reese Pro Series fit the Rail Kit. The rail kit fastens through the bed in 4 holes (they call them pucks) them your hitch would attach to the rail kit basically the same as the old rail system for 5th wheels.

I am about to invest about $1100. 00 in this hitch system, and am worried about my Reese fitting the Rail Kit.

GOTTOYS

Why not have a B&W Companion hitch installed. Only one hole in the center of the box floor, much lighter and easier to remove and i bet it will cost a LOT less...Don

Bones

Why not have a B&W Companion hitch installed. Only one hole in the center of the box floor, much lighter and easier to remove and i bet it will cost a LOT less...Don

If you are going to use the pucks you need to buy a hitch that will fit those pucks. If you have a hitch that uses the standard rails like you see in most rigs you will need to buy an adapter from Reese to fit and then you should be able to use your current fifth wheel.

I have this fifth wheel from Reese. http://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel/Ram/2500/2014/RP30160.html?vehicleid=201428003

I see the adapter shown on many fifth wheel on this page but I don't see it separately. http://www.etrailer.com/5w-2014_Ram_2500.htm?Style=6+Foot+Bed+with+Factory+Rail+Kit

AAdams

We have the Reese picture frame adapter for the RAM trucks and it fits right in the bed. Our Hensley TS3 hitch then fits in to the adapter without any problems. There are 4 slots so the narrow or wider spaced hitches will fit. When first putting the Reese adapter in to the bed of the truck, if you feel resistance while turning the arms to lock in to place, do NOT force it. There is an adjustment to the height that can be done on the locking mechanism. Also if you can pry/lift the Reese up after putting it in then take it out and adjust it to be snug. If you force it in place, it will sheer off the cotter pins and not lock in all the way, or at all on that corner. The adjustments only need to be done once then it set.

I was having someone put running boards on my truck and they said they would install everything for the hitch for a nominal charge. They didn't adjust anything and sheered one of the pins, so I had to redo everything. ( I wasn't close enough to go back and have them redo it ).
attachment.php

And my final thought is; The adapter is made by Reese also, so you should not have any problems putting a Reese hitch on it.

Attachments

• TS3Hitch.jpg
    TS3Hitch.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 102

GOTTOYS

If you are going to use the pucks you need to buy a hitch that will fit those pucks. If you have a hitch that uses the standard rails like you see in most rigs you will need to buy an adapter from Reese to fit and then you should be able to use your current fifth wheel.

I have this fifth wheel from Reese. http://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel/Ram/2500/2014/RP30160.html?vehicleid=201428003

I see the adapter shown on many fifth wheel on this page but I don't see it separately. http://www.etrailer.com/5w-2014_Ram_2500.htm?Style=6+Foot+Bed+with+Factory+Rail+Kit
My point is to not pay a dealer big dollars to install the puck system and instead have a B&W underbed gooseneck hitch installed. Then you can install B&W Companion hitch whhich is far superior to your Reese product. You will not have to buy an adapter and the B&W is easier and lighter to remove when not needed. Overall you will spend less money and have a far better setup....Don

hoefler

To reply to the OP question, YES, your hitch will fit the picture frame adaptor. The cost of the frame is roughly $500. When I bought my truck, it had the pucks already installed from the factory. When I purchased it, I had the dealer include the adaptor and 24K fifth wheel hitch. Total cost of the hitch was just under $1100.