2015 srw F350

Power-Stroke

NCSkibum-
I'm new here, but not new to diesels. I recently traded a 2014 F350 SRW 3.55 for a 2015 F350 DRW 3.73.... essentially identical trucks (ultimate Lariat, etc.). I do like the truck better as a tow vehicle. Frankly, I can't really discern a lot of difference in the engine... maybe more punch mid-upper end. I can, however, tell quite a difference between the 3.55 and 3.73 and the DRW. I also like the exhaust brake compared to the 2014. Having towed my cyclone 4100 with both, I would say you should definitely consider the 2015. The 4100 felt like it was too much for my 2014. The 2015 feels "just right". At least that's what I told my wife!!!! I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have. I see you are in NC; I'd be happy to hook up the 4100 and let you experience 1st hand.

Good luck,
Jay

NCskibum

3.55 is my only option on 2015 F350, My 3110 cyclone is 13,500 dry, cant do a DRW, don"t like dullies, My truck now pulls fine, 3.31 gear is not ideal for sure, thanks for your input

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
For god sakes man, your truck is 3 years old. Of course its time to upgrade ;).

That was pretty funny . . . have to clean off my monitor!

By the way, his 2015 Cyclone is still in it's current model year . . . but the 2016's will be out soon . . .

Time to upgrade that too! :cool:

Jim-Lynn

Jay; I am confused. I have a 2011 F350 DRW hauling a 4200 & pulls like a charm. I am currently looking at updating. I am to the understanding from my Ford dealer the 2015 F350 is no longer available in DRW, you have to move into the F450 - according to Ford the 450 has undergone MAJOR changes. BUT the F450 is not available until the spring. Can any one shed any light on this?

Power-Stroke

Jim-
I think your dealer may be confused. :confused: I have a 2015 F350 DRW that I purchased in Aug. My understanding is the 2015 F450 is starting to become available (now) as well. According to the propaganda, there were several changes made to 2015 superduty; including changes to the 6.7 and trans. (I don't know what all of the changes were; youtube has some videos of ford people talking about the changes!). I can assure you that DRW F350s are available for 2015 (just verified on Ford.com). Does this clear up your confusion? Let me know if you have additional questions.
Jay

porthole

Retired
Jay; I am confused. I have a 2011 F350 DRW hauling a 4200 & pulls like a charm. I am currently looking at updating. I am to the understanding from my Ford dealer the 2015 F350 is no longer available in DRW, you have to move into the F450 - according to Ford the 450 has undergone MAJOR changes. BUT the F450 is not available until the spring. Can any one shed any light on this?

350 DRW's have been available since about May
450 DRW's started hitting the floor around August

The big change for the 2015 6.7 is additional horsepower and torque and the addition of an active turbo brake.
The fuel system has some changes as well as a larger turbo.

New for the 350 is the addition of the 450's wide track front axle and 4.30 gears.
New (old) for the 450 is going back to the 19.5" wheels.

And if you get a platinum, a heated steering wheel. Heated rear seats are no optional and the moon roof is now a choice instead of forced option.

Here is a pretty good Ford forum.
The link is to the 6.7 specific section.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/

Jim-Lynn

You & Power Stroke have been a big help. I would love to see the 450 & might be worth waiting for it. So the 2015 350 drw is much different than my 2011 - correct? I have been really happy with the truck, but just time to think of updating.
my 2011 is Ford's 1st attempt at their own & not using the International. Have either of you seen the new 450?

Power-Stroke

I would say yes, the 2015 F350 is significantly different than your 2011 (not that there is anything wrong with your 2011). 5th wheel towing 21,500 pounds vs 23,300 (26,500 with 4.30 rear end). There are several videos on youtube showing both 2015 F350 and F450 if you're interested.
Good luck with your shopping!
Jay

farmerjon

We bought ours 9-22-14. But yesterday I was doing a search of the
Ford dealers for Duallies and several dealers didn't have any and 2 dealers that normally have several have only one each. I don't know if it's do to demand and sold out or ????

Bohemian

Prior to 2015 the F250/350s diesels had exhaust brakes. They just didn't really work very well. The two reasons to increase the power were to build an effective, competitive exhaust brake and to challenge Ram for top dog in HP and torque marketing hype..

porthole

Retired
Prior to 2015 the F250/350s diesels had exhaust brakes. They just didn't really work very well. The two reasons to increase the power were to build an effective, competitive exhaust brake and to challenge Ram for top dog in HP and torque marketing hype..

Source?