2015 summer trip Yellowstone.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have the time, suggest staying in Cody,WY and driving up to Red Lodge, MT and drive the Beartooth Hwy (WITHOUT COACH). It is a stunning drive you will not forget. A great one day trip!
I agree with my colleague.
We have seen the Bears Tooth a couple of times.

wildwolfproducts

Thanks everyone for the info. I think after talking it over and now reading this. We will do the Frontier days a different trip. This one will be somewhat of a faster trip with friends. Then 2 or 3 years later, we will spend a few months in that section of the country. There's just way to much to see in our great nation. And for years when I was driving for a living. It was Rush Rush Rush, now its lay back and take in everything. Not just see it through a windshield.
I figure with 12 months to plan and re plan this trip. We should be able to fit all our friends care to see into this trip. He also was a truck driver, she has not seen any of that country. So it should be a great trip. We enjoy spending time with each other, and camp a few weeks each year. And its always way to short.

But I will say looking forward to the months at a time with my best friend and wife. We plan on staying out as long as my health will allow. May have issues with meds, but talked to my doctor this week about this. His thoughts were to just stockpile some that I can only get each month. So he has no issues writing extra each month to allow me to stockpile 3 or 4 months in advance for these trips.

I'm sure there will be lots of questions coming up. Plus lots of PM's and talking in person to get the best out of each trip. I enjoy planning stuff. But have no issues changing what we see or do to fit the time we have in each spot.

Pete

wdk450

But I will say looking forward to the months at a time with my best friend and wife. We plan on staying out as long as my health will allow. May have issues with meds, but talked to my doctor this week about this. His thoughts were to just stockpile some that I can only get each month. So he has no issues writing extra each month to allow me to stockpile 3 or 4 months in advance for these trips.

Pete

I hope these are not pain drugs, as your doctor may have his prescription writing monitored by the DEA and they may question these larger prescriptions. If you somehow plan to use the U.S. mail (my Kaiser HMO has a mailed prescription service I mostly use) be aware that USPS will not knowingly forward prescription drugs if you have a mail forwarding order in effect. I tried this on my recent 45 day trip away from home, and ran out of a minor prescription that showed up the day after I got home.

wildwolfproducts

I hope these are not pain drugs, as your doctor may have his prescription writing monitored by the DEA and they may question these larger prescriptions. If you somehow plan to use the U.S. mail (my Kaiser HMO has a mailed prescription service I mostly use) be aware that USPS will not knowingly forward prescription drugs if you have a mail forwarding order in effect. I tried this on my recent 45 day trip away from home, and ran out of a minor prescription that showed up the day after I got home.

Most of it is for my Heart meds. And can get them for 3 months at a time. But the ones for my back right now can only get 1 month at a time. But he can write more then I need. As that is how we do it now, and if I need all of it in a month I take it. But most months last me a good while. As I don't take it unless I have to. And the last 6 weeks I have needed it.
Pete