2015 wilderness

Hello my wife and I just picked up our new wilderness and the TV has AV jacks in the back with cable hooked up and run into the wall were does it go any one know

jimtoo

Hi Brad.julie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Do you have outside speakers? Does your DVD player work? If you have a sound system they may be going to the dvd, sound system. What model Wilderness do you have? Hopefully another Wilderness owner will jump in with some help.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Brad.julie,

I'm not familiar with the specifics of the Wilderness, but there ought to be a nearby cabinet that would be the right size for a satellite receiver or similar equipment. That's probably where there's a matching set of connectors. Grab a flashlight and look all around, including cabinet ceilings.

Hi Brad.julie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Do you have outside speakers? Does your DVD player work? If you have a sound system they may be going to the dvd, sound system. What model Wilderness do you have? Hopefully another Wilderness owner will jump in with some help.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new
Jim M

Sorry jim our wilderness is A 3125BH I looked in every cabinet I don't find any place or holes were you can get access to them
we found something else to under master bed is a piece of plywood with legs have no idea what it's for either

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I would guess that those wires go to the wall mounted stereo, which should be located near the TV.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The wall mounted stereo is probably similar or the same as the one in my 2016 North Trail. It is a DVD player and switching the input on the TV to AV would allow you to see the DVD.

It was not immediately obvious to me that the Stereo was also a DVD player. My previous North trail had a CD stereo.

On the other hand, The Iowa chapter is holding a rally this weekend in Dubuque, IA. You could bring your Wilderness down and we could try to figure it all out for you. :)
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=407673

we found something else to under master bed is a piece of plywood with legs have no idea what it's for either
My wife and I are waiting for our NorthTrail 30 rkdd and had to ask the sales guy that same question "whats the plywood with legs" for..it goes in the U shape dinette when making it into a bed. Hope this helps. Jim

Here's another question for my new friends I did a search for TV channels come up nothing I did a Google search found like fifty in my area that should come up is there a secret about how to do the search with a 3125 bh wilderness I got a sansui TV in here and the book says you have to raise an antenna by hand were is that located ?

leaving in couple days with our new couch and feeling frustrated on how to get everything working so have no worries

danemayer

Here's another question for my new friends I did a search for TV channels come up nothing I did a Google search found like fifty in my area that should come up is there a secret about how to do the search with a 3125 bh wilderness I got a sansui TV in here and the book says you have to raise an antenna by hand were is that located ?

leaving in couple days with our new couch and feeling frustrated on how to get everything working so have no worries

Hi Brad.Julie,

On most rigs, the antenna is mounted on the roof on the off-door-side, over the front bedroom. There will be a directional control knob/crank on the ceiling directly under the antenna. Turn the handle to raise and lower the antenna. Pull down on the outer portion to rotate the antenna.

I think a few models may have omnidirectional antennas that don't need to raised or rotated.

Take a peek on your roof if you're not sure. The common antenna is nicknamed "batwing" because it has a slight resemblance to a bat's wings.

You have a signal booster that has to be ON for antenna TV and OFF for cable TV. It could be in the living room near where the TV is located, or perhaps in the bedroom near where a TV would be mounted. An LED indicates whether it's on or off.

The TV menu has to be used to select Antenna or Over-the-Air TV. Then you do the channel search.

Good luck.

Hi Brad.Julie,

On most rigs, the antenna is mounted on the roof on the off-door-side, over the front bedroom. There will be a directional control knob/crank on the ceiling directly under the antenna. Turn the handle to raise and lower the antenna. Pull down on the outer portion to rotate the antenna.

I think a few models may have omnidirectional antennas that don't need to raised or rotated.

Take a peek on your roof if you're not sure. The common antenna is nicknamed "batwing" because it has a slight resemblance to a bat's wings.

You have a signal booster that has to be ON for antenna TV and OFF for cable TV. It could be in the living room near where the TV is located, or perhaps in the bedroom near where a TV would be mounted. An LED indicates whether it's on or off.

The TV menu has to be used to select Antenna or Over-the-Air TV. Then you do the channel search.

Good luck.

Well i I looked and it does not have a crank looks like it stays and don't move found the little switch to turn on the signal
booster still nothing

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Now, do you have a coax cable running from the wall plate to the back of the TV?

And if you have that, have you gone into the TV setup, chosen 'antenna' and then done a channel scan?

- - - Updated - - -

Look out on the ceiling near the TV in the living room . . . that is where the antenna crank was in our Heartland Trail Runner bumper pull trailer.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Part of the problem could be the tuner in the TV also. Low quality tuners are common. You might consider trying a different TV and see if you have better results.