2016 Fifth Wheel...How much weight can you put on hitch behind it????

We have bikes and Kayaks and need to figure out how to haul them... Was looking at a different options. Just wondering if anyone knows how much weight we can put back there and or a sight or place that tells us... Just bought it and LOVE it... winter so cant go play much yet but am trying to get ready... Thanks to all for any info.
Sheree

'Lil Guy'

You would have to have a custom hitch added to the frame. I'm sure people will chime in that have added one but it would sure help if you identify which rig you have. The flimsy hitches that come on some rigs aren't very strong.

O.K. looking at the paperwork... It is a 2017 Bighorn model 3270rs Body style FW. It dose not have a hitch at all on it right now. It has plates under it that you can bolt a bumper like thing with a receiver. Hope this helps... Thanks for your advice in advance.

Oregon_Camper

I custom built my hitch for our Bighorn and I carry my WR450 motorcycle on it. You could do something like this and have no issues with bikes. Just get a rack that holds them from the bottom (tires) vs hanging them.

For Kayak's we struggled with this, as we have 2 kayak's well. In the end, we ended up purchasing 2 inflatable kayak's. While not the same in the water, it was our only solution.

I thought about creating another custom rack for the hitch in the back to carry the kayak's, but my Ocean Kayak (has 12v motor for fishing) is ~15 long. With the hitch ~2 feet off the ground, this would put the kayak ~16 feet in the air....a bit too higher for my comfort and low overpass/bridges.

2015-08-10 11.45.41.jpg 2015-08-10 11.37.55.jpg