2016 Landmark 365 Newport: Awning will not extend.

JMP

Just arrived at Pecan Park RV Resort in Jacksonville, FL from VA. After getting settled-in yesterday, i depressed the exterior (front) awning and it would not extend. It worked fine prior to departing VA. The slide awning extends and retracts ok. I checked for obstructions on the front awning, none i could determine would prohibit the awning from extending. Wondering if someone with experience in this matter could detail the electrical troubleshooting steps for me. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated. Mike

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Is there any sound from the motor? It’s possible the wiring came loose from the switch or the switch itself is bad. Check your 12V fuse panel for the fuse and test it for continuity. And then it’s always possible that the motor has died.

Mine died just before the warranty ran out, years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMP

Thanks John. I checked the 20A fuse (good) and the switch (good). No sound from the motor. Is this the correct troubleshooting procedures to determine if the awning motor is faulty? Thanks, Mike

danemayer

I think someone recently reported loss of ground connection to the motor. Check both hot and ground connections to the motor.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Pretty much the method. Check the wiring, as Dan mentioned, that you can get to. With the awning retracted , that may limit what you can easily get at near the motor.

If you can access the wiring in the awning arm, you may be able to test for voltage getting to the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk