2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
.82 inches? We call that a misting. Some parts of S. Carolina had over 20 inches the past few days!

kkamshop

For anyone who wants to go to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival the weekend before the rally, today is the day the RV reservations open. 8am Mountain time.

MTPockets

Sept 21 - 25, 2016: The Fort Mcdowell, Arizona Rally awaits travellers heading West to Vegas. We would love to see a large contingent of Heartlanders in Arizona.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Glendale Utah Rally will be only 4 hours from The Las Vegas National Rally. We will caravan to the Oasis RV Park on the first day of the Pre-Rally, which begins on 10-2-2016

This will be a great way to start the festivities! UPDATE; Currently sold out. Working on nearby back-up park for those on the waiting list.

All the details are here;

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/52673-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-UT-Glendale-9-27-2016-to-10-2-2016?p=425134#post425134

Trace

Last edited:

macjj

Please count Jayand Carol in. "Old Crankey" said I needed to post here to insure a spot somewhere. Already responded to the survey, and initial inquiry. Now waiting till March, but it on our calendar

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jay,
It was great meeting you and Carol at Pechanga.

Registration for the Las Vegas National Rally is "expected" to begin in March 2016.

Old Cranky will find out when Chapter Leaders are notified slightly ahead of the pack and can let you know what to expect.

I would go to thread tools and subscribe to this thread for any updates. Trace

Dan & Sally Sullivan

Jim,
I'm seeing conflicting information about signing up for the LV rally. Someone posted that you need to sign in here, even though it's not official. So, to be safe, Dan and Sally Sullivan will be going to pre/post all rally days.
Will there be an Official sign up on the forum?
Sally

jimtoo

The registration or signup for the 2016 North American Heartland Owners Rally is not open yet. This is a discussion thread only. When Jim B has finalized the arrangements and activities/programs for the rally he will open an event registration thread. Probably will be several months yet before it is open.

Jim M

jbeletti

Sally - Jim is right, we're month away from registration. It will likely be around the end of February. All club members will be notified in advance as a reminder that we're getting near. And it will be spattered all over the forum, on Facebook etc. Region Directors and Chapter Leaders will get advance notice and they will also help get the word out.

I'm flying to Vegas this weekend and will be there for several days working on things for the rally.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are thinking about withdrawing from this rally as there are way more people wanting to go than there are spaces available . . . and the chances of getting a spot is not looking good.

So we will probably just stick to the local and regional rallies instead.

jbeletti

We are thinking about withdrawing from this rally as there are way more people wanting to go than there are spaces available . . . and the chances of getting a spot is not looking good.

So we will probably just stick to the local and regional rallies instead.

So far - about 165 people have responded to the poll indicating they "plan" to come to the rally with 1 of those 165 being in a hotel. Fitting 165 into 125 spaces is an issue. Fitting 330 people into a banquet room that holds 250 is a no-go.

Still working on a plan...

sjandbj

Jim,
This will be the first rally that my wife and I can attend. We will be very disappointed if after planning for over a year now there is no room for us to attend. Do you think that the large outcome is due not only to the location but also that it is the last west coast rally? The fact that so many members want to attend a national west coast rally may send a message that there is a real need to have National rallies on the west coast as well as in Indiana. Those of us that are still working find it difficult to attend the rally back east. As Heartland continues to expand and grow its customer base this seems like a good use of manufactures time and money. I realize that it is a lot of work and expense to bring everything out west but if they want to continue to grow it seems that west coast owners deserve the same support and attention as those on the east coast.

Regards,
Steve

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

JohnD

So far - about 165 people have responded to the poll indicating they "plan" to come to the rally with 1 of those 165 being in a hotel. Fitting 165 into 125 spaces is an issue. Fitting 330 people into a banquet room that holds 250 is a no-go.

Still working on a plan...

I'll bet I can find a spot in Colorado that can handle as many campers as we can muster without having any parking issues . . .

So far, this Las Vegas rally has turned many Heartland owners off as we all know that there is not enough space to allow many of us to attend.

Last edited:

wdk450

I may drop out for the good of some other Heartlander, and the fact that the expenses would strain my SS budget. I MAY book a concurrent stay the Thousand Trails Las Vegas park, though.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
JohnD, as you know, many people may drop out as time moves on. So you getting a site may become possible.

danemayer

Until registration actually opens, all anyone can do is express their intent to attend or not attend. Putting your name on this or any other thread just helps Jim B. get an approximate headcount for planning purposes. Once registration opens, then we'll all get to play musical chairs.

jbeletti

I appreciate everyone's feedback! That's what this discussion thread is for so keep your sentiments coming.

Las Vegas is a popular entertainment destination. There's also a fair amount to see and do within a 2 hour radius. Some of our members got married in Vegas years back. Some have not been back to Vegas in years and have wanted to go back. Some plan to use this rally as their justification to make that "trip out west". For these and many other reasons - this rally location is popular.

As with most rallies, there is a limit to the number of rigs a venue can host, a limit to the number of people a room can hold, a limit to the number of trucks a parking lot can hold and on and on. So too - there has to be a limit on the number of rally units we setup for this rally.

In the end, will there be more who wanted to come but could not make it due to the event being sold out - I'm sure it will happen.

No matter what is done for this rally, we will not be able to meet everyone's needs. Nice way of saying some will not be happy, some will really be mad, some will write me nasty emails, some will never come to another rally etc. It's simply the human nature. We all react differently.

I will be trying VERY HARD to find a meeting room that can:
- Host 330 to 400 people
- Has surface parking for up to 200 large trucks

I will be trying VERY HARD to find additional campgrounds that:
- Would be interested in blocking x number of sites for us so more people can attend the rally, wherever the meeting room is

sjandbj

Thanks Jim. I know it is easy for us, me included, to complain but I do want you to know that I appreciate all you are doing and have done to make this group what it is. Thanks again.

Regards,
Steve

JohnD

We are also keeping a 'minds open' approach to this rally.

Although I will say, if I have to do one of those 'Amazon Last Second' deals . . . I won't do it!

I'll let youz guyz fight it out if that is the case . . .