2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

GregBassine

Re: UPDATE: 2016 - Las Vegas Rally

Hello Jim,

I hope we're not replicating anything, if so... we apologize in advance. Here goes...

The registration fee during the Rally jumps from $40.00 per night (pre and post rally rates) to $ 100 per night during the rally (an additional $ 180.00 for the three nights).

I guess I am trying to figure out what's included in the additional $60.00 per night fee. Make sense? Any feedback you can share would be appreciated. BTW, I saw the MS Word document displaying the draft agenda which so far is understandably incomplete.

I look forward to the rally as it's our first National one. Thanks,

Char & Greg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I'm not Jim but I can shed a little light on your question.
There will be catered meals, entertainment, tee shirts and the cost of rental of the building we will be using.
And I'm pretty sure there is more than I am not aware of.
One more thing to consider is that the rally fee of $300 only covers a portion of the rally expense. Heartland chips in about the same amount.
Putting on a party like this is not cheap.

Peace
Dave

GregBassine

Thanks. I noticed we need to order our tee-shirts. Are they included in the cost or do we need to pay extra? Does anybody know how many sites that are available for the rally? Just curious.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders

Actually the number of sites has dropped...last I checked it was down to 130 available.

danemayer

Registration Window (actual dates) based on Specific Club Membership Groups
Below are the planned registration launch dates by Club Membership group:

1. Core-Team - 24-Feb - evening
  2. Pacific and Mountain Region Leadership - 25-Feb - evening
  3. All Club Leadership - 27-Feb
  4. Pacific and Mountain Region Members - 29-Feb at 12:00 Noon Central Time
  5. All Club Membership - 2-Mar at 12:00 Noon Central Time

As I recall, there are 150 sites. As you can see from Jim's Registration Window schedule (posted on the Registration thread), registration is opening in stages. Pacific and Mountain Region members should be able to register on Monday. Everyone else on March 2nd.

Here's another link to the Registration thread.

And a link to the subforum with all the 2016 rally threads.

Last edited:

shelsay

I have a couple of questions about site selection. Which level of site (deluxe, premium, etc.) is covered by the $300 fee? Can we tell which sites are still available prior to registration?

Thanks.

StarryNight

As I recall, there are 150 sites. As you can see from Jim's Registration Window schedule (posted on the Registration thread), registration is opening in stages. Pacific and Mountain Region members should be able to register now. The rest of club membership will be able to register on Monday.

Here's another link to the Registration thread.

And a link to the subforum with all the 2016 rally threads.

Careful...according to the memo I received from Jim/Julie: Pacific, Mountain and Canada "regular" members begin registration on Monday, Feb 29, 12 noon central time
Up until that time it will be for Chapter Leaders & other leadership people.
If this is incorrect I sure hope Jim/Julie will correct my misinformation!

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

Careful...according to the memo I received from Jim/Julie: Pacific, Mountain and Canada "regular" members begin registration on Monday, Feb 29, 12 noon central time

You are correct Monica :)

danemayer

You're right Monica, the quoted information is correct. I've fixed my prior post to match.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

I have a couple of questions about site selection. Which level of site (deluxe, premium, etc.) is covered by the $300 fee? Can we tell which sites are still available prior to registration?

Thanks.

There is a drop down box that will show all the sites available

StarryNight

Thanks.

I could not tell which sites were available until I actually got to that part of the registration. I would strongly suggest you make a copy of the site map so you can see where sites are once you get the list.
As far as "premium", etc....I am not able to answer that one.

jbeletti

Tonight, I will annotate a site map to show where all 150 sites are. I'll also create a single page document with all 150 site numbers listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWade2

Jim, RE YOUR 11/5/15 post: I have read this post several times. I've decided I wanted to reply to it. We want you to know that we appreciate your post. It is very well written. It states the facts. Steve and I are totally appreciative of all of your hard work and dedication to Heartland events, etc., and most of all the hard work that goes into putting on an event such as this. We have assisted in putting on one of the largest classic car shows in the southwest, in San Diego and we know what goes into preparation for that. We had 200+ cars in that and it took a year of work. Our hat is off to you and your helpers! If we can help, let us know!! Steve and Carol Wade

jimtoo

I appreciate everyone's feedback! That's what this discussion thread is for so keep your sentiments coming.

Las Vegas is a popular entertainment destination. There's also a fair amount to see and do within a 2 hour radius. Some of our members got married in Vegas years back. Some have not been back to Vegas in years and have wanted to go back. Some plan to use this rally as their justification to make that "trip out west". For these and many other reasons - this rally location is popular.

As with most rallies, there is a limit to the number of rigs a venue can host, a limit to the number of people a room can hold, a limit to the number of trucks a parking lot can hold and on and on. So too - there has to be a limit on the number of rally units we setup for this rally.

In the end, will there be more who wanted to come but could not make it due to the event being sold out - I'm sure it will happen.

No matter what is done for this rally, we will not be able to meet everyone's needs. Nice way of saying some will not be happy, some will really be mad, some will write me nasty emails, some will never come to another rally etc. It's simply the human nature. We all react differently.

I will be trying VERY HARD to find a meeting room that can:
- Host 330 to 400 people
- Has surface parking for up to 200 large trucks

I will be trying VERY HARD to find additional campgrounds that:
- Would be interested in blocking x number of sites for us so more people can attend the rally, wherever the meeting room is

Hey Jim, after reading this post someone raised their hand and I'll bet you will find something for them to help with.

Thanks to Steve and Carol, TheWade2.

Jim M

jbeletti

Hi Steve and Carol - thank you very much for your kind words.

I was not a professional event planner prior to creating the role for myself and pitching it to Heartland back in February 2008, but it sounded fun. And it has been a lot of fun thanks to members like you to appreciate what goes into these events and has had a lot of fun at them.

As you mentioned, no Heartland event is a solo effort. Chapter Leaders, Wagonmasters, Region Directors and myself all use club members to help us plan and execute our events. Many of these members are the unsung heros. In my case, for the national rally, our Club Manager, Julie Hancock is my hero. She creates programs the registration system and handles ALL issues with registration. Whew!

Once onsite at a national rally, I have a core-team of people that have been with me, some for 10 years, helping me execute the rally. Talk about my heros :)

I bow to the volunteers in this organization. And our leaders are volunteers (read: unpaid, tireless supporters of the brand through the club). Thank you volunteers! And thank you Steve and Carol making light of this.

See everyone in Vegas that plans to be there and can obtain a slot!

dwpkdavis

NASCAR Fans - FYI - Camping World Trucks are racing in Vegas on Saturday, October 1. We are planning on going. Let us know if anyone else is interested.