2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great dinner and show tonight. Thank you Jim and Heartland for all your planning and support for this amazing Rally. Trace

jbeletti

2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Water Outage

Good morning Las Vegas Rally!

The park has no water this morning as there's a water line break they've been working on since 2 am. They hope to have water back on by noon today (Friday).

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I agree with Trace. Great buffet last night. Really a good choice Jim. And I have been waiting, it seems forever, for the show. I really was anticipating listening to the songs of the Beach Boys that I grew up with and the Eagles which I really enjoy. I was not disappointed. Super show. I really had a great evening. Thanks so much Heartland!!

gasman

Camp Socializer
Jim, we would like to thank you and your core team for the great rally experience here in Vegas. We have enjoyed the balance of structure and free time and are anxiously awaiting the the world renowned Len Trujillo and his lovely assistant Sue this afternoon.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We had a great night with good friends. Dinner at the Eiffel Tower restaurant and a ride on the High Roller.
We were in a High roller bar pod so lots of fun and amazing views.
3e4e8361372a277549860c95ed18a9f0.jpg

e5a9d4acb0a5bba2e36d7f62e05abf94.jpg

4f183f2250722a2aa94cd7bc93bee0de.jpg

804df7d9b1f4d2fbe9942a6b76cd4e73.jpg

de4314b08a75074bea20dceb33122210.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

KARRON

We are having great fun at our first national rally, cant wait to go to more of them. Thank you Domestic for installing or new awning motor, we have been without a awning since father's day weekend.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Bogie

To Jim, Julie and everyone who worked so hard to make this a great first rally for us....Thank you! We appreciate your efforts and we had a great time.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
The final night was spectacular as was the entire Rally! What a super group of Heartland Friends in raising almost $9,000 for Soldiers Best Friend!
The warm generosity of the attendees and then the match of $4,000 by Heartland was unreal....A big thank you for supporting a very valuable organization for our brother Veterans!
JimB we all have a lot to learn from you on putting on a Rally. You and the "Core" team was exceptional. Oh and Julie, you are a "Rock Star"...super job!!!
Thank you for a week to remember!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thank you Jim, Julie, Floyd and the entire Heartland team for an amazing Rally! It has been a great time! Trace and Teri

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This was an amazing rally . . . I can't believe it is time to head back home already!

Wish we could stay longer, but that four letter word (work) calls . . .

It was great placing faces to names, and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet everyone.

Guess we'll have to do that at future rallies!

Thanks Jim B and all the others who put this on!

We had a wonderful time!

And I've got photos to prove it . . . :cool:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I concur!! What a fantastic time. Thank you JimB and your entire core team. The only bad thing about the rally is that it has to end. We had a fantastic time. Can't wait till we can do it again in Goshen next year.

Thanks all.

Keith & Carol

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Jim, Floyd, Julie, Terry and crew for the amazing great time you guys planned, coordinated and executed during this rally! The venue was nice and we loved seeing all of the Heartland rigs in one place. Its quite the site to see! It was our first National Rally and was such a blast. We have met more amazing people (as we do during every rally) and can't wait to be able to go back to Goshen once we retire to experience that one! Thank you all for all of the hard work to be able to make this thing happen!

Rod and Kelly

rickandjoyce

Wanted to thank everyone for putting together an excellent rally. It's obvious how much work is involved in this and it was very successful. Thanks to Jim and Floyd, and all the rest of the folks involved. Job well done. Thank you to Len for the great music and organizing the golf outing.

Joyce and Rick Morones

RoadJunkie

Wanted to thank everyone for putting together an excellent rally. It's obvious how much work is involved in this and it was very successful. Thanks to Jim and Floyd, and all the rest of the folks involved. Job well done. Thank you to Len for the great music and organizing the golf outing.

Joyce and Rick Morones

Rick and Joyce; For a couple who came to the rally not knowing anyone, you sure made a lot of people happy to know you! It was great to see so many "young at heart" friends. I will look forward to our next meeting and to playing some golf with Rick...I need some pointers! Please look us up if you get back in the area.

shelsay

Just wanted to express our appreciation to Jim and his crew for a great rally. We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to lots of fun at Jackson. Hoping to make Goshen next year.

Dave and Pat

aRAYwego

Re: 2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Thoughts of a NOOB

I'd like to start this out by giving a huge thank you to everyone that made this rally possible! You guys do an amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was our very first rally and aside from the forum, our only interaction with other HOC members. I need to preface my thoughts with this bit of information. Sheila and I don't really consider ourselves very social people, so when we signed up for this rally we were a bit apprehensive. How would everyone treat us? How easily would we "mingle"?

We didn't have a bunch of time to spend with everyone because we still work locally. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, we live full time in our LM at Oasis Rv Park in anticipation of retirement in Feb. of '17. Here's my thoughts:

The buffet and entertainment at The M were topnotch. Jim and his core crew really know how to set up events. The catered dinner at Oasis was also very good. Not to mention all the door prizes of which we won a new Instant Pot and Sheila is now going crazy, looking for recipes. lol

I have a couple of special thank yous.....Walter and Linda West, and Steve and Patti Lester....you all made us feel like we belonged and included us in many things that you did. I feel like we have made friendships that will last a long time. I hope we weren't too much trouble.

To the remaining HOC rally attendees.......just thank you....thank you for waving, saying hello, stopping to talk, and just being the great people that we expected to meet. I know many of you have already left (this place feels empty now) but please be careful wherever your travels take you next.

Jim, Julie, Terry, And Floyd. My hats off to you. I don't know how you did it, but you pulled off an amazing rally far from home. See ya'll in Goshen 2017 and some of you in Temecula in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!

James and Sheila Ray