2016 Newport, Clicking bedroom slide

JBoyerinAbq

Hello all! Two years of trips and we noticed, this last trip (for first time), that the bedroom slide seems be making a clicking sound, both when we extended and retracted the slide. It is in sync with the motor, meaning a very rhythmic click. The slide seems to operate as normal but I'm afraid something is working loose or coming unfastened. I did a search but didn't find anything that seemed similar. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Safe travels all!

Last edited by a moderator:

avvidclif

Is it a cable operated slide? Mine did that and graduated to stopping every so often. It had stripped a gear in the gearbox.

JBoyerinAbq

I believe it's cable operated - there are cables on the outside of the slide on both sides. I assume the motor is in a cavity under the bed. Maybe I should buy a spare and prepare...

Is it a cable operated slide? Mine did that and graduated to stopping every so often. It had stripped a gear in the gearbox.

DirtyMax88

Hello all! Two years of trips and we noticed, this last trip (for first time), that the bedroom slide seems be making a clicking sound, both when we extended and retracted the slide. It is in sync with the motor, meaning a very rhythmic click. The slide seems to operate as normal but I'm afraid something is working loose or coming unfastened. I did a search but didn't find anything that seemed similar. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Safe travels all!

Good morning. I was wondering if you resolved this issue? If so, what was the problem and was it a difficult fix? We have a 16 LM Newport as well and our bedroom slide is doing the same thing. It extends with no issues or noises, but when retracting it makes a popping/clicking type noise and doesn't want to retract in very easily. I had to push on the slide to help it return to the stowed position. Thanks!

JBoyerinAbq

After a couple trips with the clicking sound, I stood outside on a ladder next to the slide and discovered our awning was making the clicking sound. When I pushed on it, the sound went away - and after adjusting, I've not heard it again. We never had any difficulty getting the slide in or out like you're having. I hope you get it resolved without much hassle. Sorry I could not be of help.

Good morning. I was wondering if you resolved this issue? If so, what was the problem and was it a difficult fix? We have a 16 LM Newport as well and our bedroom slide is doing the same thing. It extends with no issues or noises, but when retracting it makes a popping/clicking type noise and doesn't want to retract in very easily. I had to push on the slide to help it return to the stowed position. Thanks!

DirtyMax88

After a couple trips with the clicking sound, I stood outside on a ladder next to the slide and discovered our awning was making the clicking sound. When I pushed on it, the sound went away - and after adjusting, I've not heard it again. We never had any difficulty getting the slide in or out like you're having. I hope you get it resolved without much hassle. Sorry I could not be of help.

I appreciate your quick response. Glad that yours was a simple fix. I know there are other threads with slide related issues, so i will check those. Thanks again!

mlpeloquin

Ours clicked form day one. I was told it was normal by the dealer. Ya a big mistake to trust the dealer. About two weeks after the warranty was up the gear box finished stripping out. I was able to push the slide in as I ran the motor. Lesson learned. So it can be the gear box.

DirtyMax88

Ours clicked form day one. I was told it was normal by the dealer. Ya a big mistake to trust the dealer. About two weeks after the warranty was up the gear box finished stripping out. I was able to push the slide in as I ran the motor. Lesson learned. So it can be the gear box.

Ours has worked perfectly for over 3 years now, and yesterday all of a sudden it started clicking/popping. From what I have read and researched it's either the gear box or motor, most likely the gear box. I'm going to try and get the part numbers to have everything if the thing finally quits. I have an apt scheduled for some end of season work, I will probably just throw this in there if it can make it that long. It was retracting, but it would pop, stop, then start retracting again. I pushed on the slide while the DW operated the button, which seemed to help as it didn't make the popping when we did that. Do you have experience with replacing this yourself? Where is the motor/gearbox located? Thanks.