2017 Goshen, IN - Driving Route / Directions

GETnBYE

I will be coming in on 33 from the south and plan on taking IN-13 off of 33 thru Millersburg and coming in on CR 34 to the fairgrounds. Will be able to avoid the construction and traffic thru Goshen which can be a pain depending on time of day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank You, 13 looks like the better route for the southern folk! I used google earth and those lonesome country roads look great! See you there!

porthole

Retired
Re: 2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

I saw the posting about the construction for those coming from the west. This got me to think about my route coming from the east. Last time we got off of I-80 and brought 20 in the whole way. for those folks close to the fairgrounds, is this still the best way for those of us coming from the east coast via I-80? Just curious about construction or other changes made sine the last rally.

John, that's the way we come and go, and the way I plan on this year. Looks like the construction will be west of our route.

szewczyk_john

now that you posted that, I do remember that I based our decision to get off I-80 and onto 20 on your advice or a posting that you made before that rally. So thank you again for all the wisdom that you have past on.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
now that you posted that, I do remember that I based our decision to get off I-80 and onto 20 on your advice or a posting that you made before that rally. So thank you again for all the wisdom that you have past on.

As soon as you go through the last toll booth on the Ohio Turnpike, take that exit. 20 is just right off the exit.

danemayer

I tried out U.S. 20 west to Indiana 13 south, to CR 34 west this afternoon. It's pretty straightforward with one jog in 13 were you have to go east for about 1/4 mile or so before picking up south again.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a word of caution to those that are traveling the lesser known roads. Be aware, there are buggy's traveling these roads.

Peace
Dave

GETnBYE

I tried out U.S. 20 west to Indiana 13 south, to CR 34 west this afternoon. It's pretty straightforward with one jog in 13 were you have to go east for about 1/4 mile or so before picking up south again.
Thank You so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Just a word of caution to those that are traveling the lesser known roads. Be aware, there are buggy's traveling these roads.

Peace
Dave
Thanks, we will slow our roll!

porthole

Retired

The buggies have never been a problem for us. But, last year we came in during the rain, which in itself is no big deal.

Add rain and road apples - and I stopped before pulling up to Gate Keeper Kevin to wash off the truck and trailer a bit.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
The buggies have never been a problem for us. But, last year we came in during the rain, which in itself is no big deal.

Add rain and road apples - and I stopped before pulling up to Gate Keeper Kevin to wash off the truck and trailer a bit.

Road Apples are good luck in my neck of the woods.

szewczyk_john

As soon as you go through the last toll booth on the Ohio Turnpike, take that exit. 20 is just right off the exit.

and

That is what I wanted to know, so thanks to the both of you. We did happen by some buggies leaving the last Goshen rally. We had to hang back so that we could find a big enough window from the opposite direction pass the line of buggies while making sure that we were far enough away from the horses.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
and

We did happen by some buggies leaving the last Goshen rally. We had to hang back so that we could find a big enough window from the opposite direction pass the line of buggies while making sure that we were far enough away from the horses.

Buggies coming or going to church services I'm sure!!
I know many are planning the fastest route to and from but we've done both US 20, US 6 and portions of US 30 across Ohio and Indiana. All are decent roads, just not fast thoroughfares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GETnBYE

Buggies coming or going to church services I'm sure!!
I know many are planning the fastest route to and from but we've done both US 20, US 6 and portions of US 30 across Ohio and Indiana. All are decent roads, just not fast thoroughfares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had completely forgotten that we are traveling on Sunday! That puts a completely different spin on things and with that makes going thru downtown a much better option.

Thats why I love this forum!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
and

That is what I wanted to know, so thanks to the both of you. We did happen by some buggies leaving the last Goshen rally. We had to hang back so that we could find a big enough window from the opposite direction pass the line of buggies while making sure that we were far enough away from the horses.

See John, another reason you never thought of when you upgraded to that new RAM. A lot quieter than the old 5.9 Cummins. You were just thinking of the horse and buggy's you needed to pass and as not to startle them. What a nice guy.

GETnBYE

Thinking more about the Sunday traffic makes me wonder if the construction work will be active on the Weekend??

danemayer

Thinking more about the Sunday traffic makes me wonder if the construction work will be active on the Weekend??
The reason for the detours is that the roads are torn up. Doesn't matter whether construction workers are present.

MCTalley

Here's a live roadcam screenshot from just west of the fairgrounds.

L62.gif

Lou_and_Bette

I had completely forgotten that we are traveling on Sunday! That puts a completely different spin on things and with that makes going thru downtown a much better option.

Thats why I love this forum!

'Nita, it's a 50/50 shot on the Sunday services since the Amish only have Sunday-go-meeting every other week...looking forward to seeing you guys at the rally.