2017 Heartland Sundance XLT 283RB pump

Have a 2017 Heartland Sundance xlt 283RB. We were using our fresh water tank this weekend. Filled it with about 24 gallons of water water( didnt realize site didn’t have water hookup 😂 we are first timers.)

Anyway, ran the pump and it didn’t sound great. Bled air out of lines. They system never fully got the air out which I find hard to believe. Yes I did make sure the pump had a good prime.

Priming helped some and it quieted but was still getting air. The pump was cycling on and off as needed for pressure. It wouldn’t cycle back on unless you opened a faucet. Didnt think much about it at the time but its not normal to still have air once that happens

Is there a valve that needs closed possibly when using storage tank vs city pressure? Seems like it was siphoning air from someplace. I had air at every fixture even after pump shut off. Even burped the hot water tank and same thing air then spit of water. Same with toilets.

Only thing I can think to do is hookup city water at my house and see of its a plumbing issue or pump. Strainer looks clean hut havent pulled it yet on pump.

Dahillbilly

sounds like suction side of pump is sucking air, check loose connections & make sure the filter is tight on the pump. Has to be between pump & tank; otherwise you would see water leak Good luck

sounds like suction side of pump is sucking air, check loose connections & make sure the filter is tight on the pump. Has to be between pump & tank; otherwise you would see water leak Good luck
Thats what I was thinking also. Full its 44 gallon from what I looked up for fresh. I had roughly half that in the tank. Pump was noisy at first but quieted down once I primed it.
Was quiet but still never got a steady stream anywhere.
with everything being new to us I just didn’t think about it until later

Dahillbilly

Thats what I was thinking also. Full its 44 gallon from what I looked up for fresh. I had roughly half that in the tank. Pump was noisy at first but quieted down once I primed it.
Was quiet but still never got a steady stream anywhere.
with everything being new to us I just didn’t think about it until later
Look at the Tools tab above heartland User Guides-Plumbing-Pumps you may find some help info there

hoefler

24 gallons isn't very much very water after filling the water heater and lines, you may just be sucking air from the water tank being low. The angle of the trailer has an affect on the outlet of the tank, the angle of the tank mounting will also have an affect. One more thing, the outlet is not in the lowest point in the tank, it is in the side of the tank about a 1/4-1/2" of the bottom, it is a 1/2" threaded hole in the side with a fitting. The outlet needs atleast 1" of water at the outlet to be totally submerged. Fill the tank and see if the problem persists.

david-steph2018

Have a 2017 Heartland Sundance xlt 283RB. We were using our fresh water tank this weekend. Filled it with about 24 gallons of water water( didnt realize site didn’t have water hookup 😂 we are first timers.)

Priming helped some and it quieted but was still getting air. The pump was cycling on and off as needed for pressure. It wouldn’t cycle back on unless you opened a faucet. Didnt think much about it at the time but its not normal to still have air once that happens

Is there a valve that needs closed possibly when using storage tank vs city pressure? Seems like it was siphoning air from someplace. I had air at every fixture even after pump shut off. Even burped the hot water tank and same thing air then spit of water. Same with toilets.

Only thing I can think to do is hookup city water at my house and see of its a plumbing issue or pump. Strainer looks clean hut havent pulled it yet on pump.
It wouldn’t cycle back on unless you opened a faucet.
The pump will not cycle on until a faucet is open/toilet used.
Depends on the inlet setup in the wet bay area. If a gravity fill opening, no valve. But if an Anderson Valve in the wet Bay, it may not be seated right and allow air to be sucked into the system.
If possible, post a picture of the wet bay area.