2017 Hitch atachment under Bighorn fifthewheel

:confused: The question is... Under our fifth wheel is two mounting brackets for a bumper, receiver, etc. When we hook something up to them dose anyone know how much weight they will handle? These are just bolt on brackets... Any and all info is very appreciated...

SNOKING

I found it good to hold BBQ while parked, I would not trust it to hold much more.

Last edited:
We are looking at putting a much more sturdy hitch on the fins under the fifth wheel... Was wondering if the fins themselves could hold up to more weight? Thanks, I love your bar-b-Q... very cool.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I believe they claim 500lbs but I wouldn't trust it.
Cut them off and do it right with a custom made 2" receiver.
There are a few threads on here about those brackets failing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HOGHAULER

:confused: The question is... Under our fifth wheel is two mounting brackets for a bumper, receiver, etc. When we hook something up to them dose anyone know how much weight they will handle? These are just bolt on brackets... Any and all info is very appreciated...

Those brackets are there to support the optional bicycle receiver which is an inch and a quarter receiver so basically they're there and support about a hundred and fifty pounds maximum for two or three bicycles not made for towing

Dumboldles

Here's some pics on my setup using those predrilled holes. I had someone fabricate
a more robust hitch to fit those holes.

IMG_0309.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0308.jpg

Darn the bad luck... was wanting to put bikes and Kayaks on it at the same time... with Hitch would be around 300 pounds... Looks like we will have to beef it up underneath..
Thanks for all you guys input...
Sheree