2017 Super Duty power tailgate release issues

Sniper

Thanks for sharing this. I haven't had this issue but I did set off the panic alarm when I stooped down with the FOB in my pocket and the thought popped in my head that could just as likely cause the tailgate to drop while going down the road, so I have been tossing the FOB in the console. Now I know the FOB being in your pocket is NOT the issue in this case. Got the TSB wrote down! Thanks again. :)

Safe travels.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I love love love my electric tailgate release !!!!! I use it all the time. Also love my electric tannoe cover just as much.
It's crazy how good of a job Ford designers did on this new Super Duty truck !!!
And again that's coming from a lifetime GM fan

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I will keep an eye on this.

I came out of Lowes today, hit the lock, then start twice. Got to the truck and the tailgate was down! Also, the truck was not running. So this might have been an error on my part - hitting the tailgate release on the FOB instead of the start button.

Something to keep an eye on though. My DOM is 09-June-2017, so 10 days after those affected in the bulletin.

Edit: Updated DOM

Last edited:

RoadJunkie

Look on your window sticker. The last line under MSRP you will see a long line of numbers. The last six are the build date.

jbeletti

If you don't have your window sticker or it's not handy, try this tool: https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Enter your VIN and click Window Sticker to submit. Your window sticker image will then appear at the bottom of the page. Right click on the image, then Save As and it will download as a PDF.

Attaching an example (as a jpg) below with the area outlined in red, that Road Junkie references.

(click image for larger view)
windowsticker.jpg

RoadJunkie

You can tell by the fact that the TSB indicates only those vehicles with a build date prior to the identified date will need any identified fix. I'm not sure what additional evidence of a fix would be available.

Bones

Did you guys see the power numbers from ford today. 450 hp and 935 lb-ft of torque. A shot across RAMs bow.