2017 Torque 325 generator install and transfer switch

Modmom0j

Hi guys. First post on this forum. We recently bought a Torque 325 with gen prep but no generator. I’m going to purchase an Onan 5500 evap and was needing to know if I have a transfer switch already or do I need to purchase one. I haven’t took off any panels or got that deep into it but I can’t imagine having a gen prep package without a transfer switch. Thanks for your help.

jimtoo

Hi ModmomOj,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I think they do come with a transfer switch when ordered from the factory with gen prep, but I'm sure someone that has one will jump in soon with an answer for you.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

Modmom0j

I answered my own question. I found transfer switch behind a panel in the front box. I’m guessing the generator install will be pretty much plug and play. It has a box labeled generator circuit and has wiring harness for start switch inside coach.

LBR

I answered my own question. I found transfer switch behind a panel in the front box. I’m guessing the generator install will be pretty much plug and play. It has a box labeled generator circuit and has wiring harness for start switch inside coach.

Be cautious with your discovery.....that may not be the transfer switch, but instead just a pigtail connection box.

On our 2017 CY, the genny has a mainline pigtail a few feet long...this goes to a connector box with another mainline tied in that ends up at the true transfer switch located behind the UDC / basement wall. Our TS is the Progressive Dynamics PD52.