2018 AC condensation dripping inside

Myra2018

2018 Heartland Big Country 5th whl, bought used last year, a/c condensation is dripping in around a couple of vents and a light fixture. We got up on the roof and hosed out the little gutters where it is supposed to drain (and it does drain there too, just not all of it). I believe the AC is a Dometic, I wasn't given a manual when I bought the traiiler.

mlpeloquin

There should be drain holes in the AC base. Make sure that they are not blocked and that the AC is tight to the roof. The roof seal needs to be snug and not loose.

david-steph2018

2018 Heartland Big Country 5th whl, bought used last year, a/c condensation is dripping in around a couple of vents and a light fixture. We got up on the roof and hosed out the little gutters where it is supposed to drain (and it does drain there too, just not all of it). I believe the AC is a Dometic, I wasn't given a manual when I bought the traiiler.
Here is a list of Dometic AC units. Click on the model and then you can find a manual for it:

wdk450

You tighten the top unit to roof water seal by tightening the 4 bolts at the corners of the inside AC plate going upwards. These bolts compress the square hard foam gasket so that the condensate water stays on the outside roof and does not make its way inside to drip down. The hard foam gasget compresses some and starts leaking with age and road vibrations. These bolts should only be tightened to a medium tightness with an end wrench or socket. Overtightening can cause the gasket to fail prematurely.
With the age of your rig, it might be time for a new roof gasket, available on E-Bay.
To replace the gasket, you need to remove all 4 bolts, disconnect the connection electrical cable between the top and inside units, slide the top unit away from the roof opening, remove the old roof gasket, and re-assemble.
As with most any RV repair procedure there are videos on You Tube on how to do this.

Myra2018

You tighten the top unit to roof water seal by tightening the 4 bolts at the corners of the inside AC plate going upwards. These bolts compress the square hard foam gasket so that the condensate water stays on the outside roof and does not make its way inside to drip down. The hard foam gasget compresses some and starts leaking with age and road vibrations. These bolts should only be tightened to a medium tightness with an end wrench or socket. Overtightening can cause the gasket to fail prematurely.
With the age of your rig, it might be time for a new roof gasket, available on E-Bay.
To replace the gasket, you need to remove all 4 bolts, disconnect the connection electrical cable between the top and inside units, slide the top unit away from the roof opening, remove the old roof gasket, and re-assemble.
As with most any RV repair procedure there are videos on You Tube on how to do this.
wow, thanks so much! I'll let you know how we do