2018 BH270-dead outlet

Stupid me plugged a high draw appliance into the exterior outlet on camper. Now no power at outlet, or the one under the upper cabinets in the kitchen. (I assume they are daisy chained together. )

Power has been cycled several times, all fuses pulled and checked for continuity, all CB's cycled. No other symptoms noted, everything works exactly as advertised.

Guess I injured the power center. All I can think is to pull the exterior outlet out and put meter on wires, thinking outlet has failed and power might be available from power center.

Or, I fried that output from inverter without tripping protection and now my inverter is slightly broken.

It seems obvious in retrospect. That that's a gfci. I looked at it in the shade, black outlet, didn't see a reset, drove on.

Camper has been retired to museum status at a lake 50 miles from house. Will report back in 5 days.

Thanks for the tip.

wdk450

Be aware that RV assemblers use an "insulation displacement outlet connector that makes a sketchy connection behind the outlets (as opposed to normal screw and solid wire connections used in regular building outlets). These connections can be fried by a large current draw. They are often "daisy chained" behind the outlets. Also a poor wire nut connection somewhere could do the same. Lastly, you need to do your voltage checks on BOTH the HOT and NEUTRAL in tracing this problem out, as an open neutral will cut off power just as much as an open hot wire.

Be aware that RV assemblers use an "insulation displacement outlet connector that makes a sketchy connection behind the outlets (as opposed to normal screw and solid wire connections used in regular building outlets). These connections can be fried by a large current draw. They are often "daisy chained" behind the outlets. Also a poor wire nut connection somewhere could do the same. Lastly, you need to do your voltage checks on BOTH the HOT and NEUTRAL in tracing this problem out, as an open neutral will cut off power just as much as an open hot wire.
Also good to know. If a gfci reset doesn't fix, I'll have to pull the outlet to see any splices. A cursory glance under the sink only showed the romex disappearing into the wall through a much too large cutout.

wdk450

Here's a URL for a forum thread on the RV outlet subject I started a few years ago: