2018 Landmark 365 Oshkosh

gfnesbitt

Just picked up our new Oshkosh. We waited almost 12 weeks. Seems the double pane windows were back ordered. Here are some unannounced changes: No outside switched outlet under the USB sign port. No step light switch. What was the step light switch is now the night light switch (not labeled). No welcome home light feature. The step light and porch light are now on one switch in the monitoring light panel. The porch light is white and BRIGHT (can this be replaced by a yellow one or a motion sensor one? I do not see any access to mounting hardware for the porch light). The Dyson Vac is now mounted in the washer,dryer area. When the washer and dryer are plugged in, there is no outlet for the Dyson. The closet outlet is gone so I cannot remount in the closet. If I had not read the Heartland Owners group online manual and looked at a 2017, I would not have noticed the changes. Took the panel off to access the filter. What a dumb place to put that and it is not secured in the mounting bracket. I will be using my outside filter. I moved the water pump back 6 inches, used 1"x2" furring strips to frame up and relocate the access panel, removed the felt, cut the panels to fit around the sewer/water line, re-glued the felt. Looks better than the factory installation and gained almost 2 x 3 feet of storage. Other that that, we really like the unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HOOKERUP

I have a 2017 Osh Kosh. You are so right about the water filter underneath,engineering marvel,especially for access,NOT.My filter is o/s with no worry about leaking.Good luck with the rig.

danemayer

Here are some unannounced changes

Yep. Minor changes get introduced all through the year. Major changes usually come in fall and spring.

There are amber replacement lenses for porch lights - the trick is to match the size. You might remove the lens and visit a local RV dealer parts dep't to find a match.

NYSUPstater

Agree that not all changes are for the better as designers/engineers think. That's what ticked me off about Cedar Creek's Silverback. It's like "What are they thinking?". On our BC, the step light isn't labeled either and the outside light above the door is a white LED. Amber would have been a better choice. Why on earth would the flagship model line not have a welcome home light? Is HL now installing whole coach water filters? Location for a w/d in the BC is on hallway/BR slide which IMO isn't such a hot location.

Few years back, we picked up my parents for dinner w/ our '03 F250 CC. 1st thing my Mom said while getting into back seat was: "Must be a male designed this cuz the grab handle was way up high (roof line or B pillar). What not put it down lower (on B pillar)"

esscobra

just suggestion wouldn't be too hard to add a extra outlet into closet for dyson- but I know- they make some changes that are worse - had some disappointments n mine as well but also go some good ones as well

gfnesbitt

Landmark 365 porch light question

Can the LED porch light be changed to amber/yellow? The white is too bright and a bug magnet.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
e410c7a248ad1d83a4bf61d6499d1c56.jpg

Does it look like this one? My LEDs are flickering. I ordered a replacement fixture, because there does not seem to be a way to access the led strip inside without removing the whole fixture from the wall. Heartland parts said they only sell the whole fixture. (I did not buy from them, I bought a different style with motion detection.)

We haven't had time to investigate taking the old one down yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfnesbitt

Yes, it looks the same. Our previous 5th wheel (Keystone Alpine) had the motion sensor with amber light. I would love to switch it out. Let me know if you figure out how to get the light off. I have not gotten up to look at it with a ladder yet, but I could not see any mounting hardware.

gfnesbitt

Heartland Customer Service sent me the trouble shooting guide for the "Welcome Home" light. Looked for the switch, magnets and module. Found nothing. Contacted the Landmark Sales Manger in Elkhart. He tells me that feature was discontinued. What used to set the Landmark apart from the competition is eroding.