2019 Bighorn 3925 MLP Dryer Vent

AngCat

In looking at the floorplan for the Big Horn 3925MLP, and I love the laundry room...But, where does the dryer vent since the W/D closet is not located on an exterior wall?

mlpeloquin

Wow. Through the floor and out the bottom? Don't think so. Looks like your limited to a vent less dryer. Not that great at drying and the drying times from what I have read are long. The close still end up a little damp. But otherwise, if the floor plan is what you want, then you maybe able set up a couple of rods to hang things on inside the washer room with a fan to finish drying. With a fan it would not take long. Everything is a compromise.

T

TomMontague

In looking at the floorplan for the Big Horn 3925MLP, and I love the laundry room...But, where does the dryer vent since the W/D closet is not located on an exterior wall?

The dryer is set up to vent through the floor and then out the sidewall. It’s also set up that way for the 3850ML. HOPE this helps. The 3925MLP has been extremely popular since it came out. Any additional questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Talk soon
Tom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The dryer is set up to vent through the floor and then out the sidewall. It’s also set up that way for the 3850ML. HOPE this helps. The 3925MLP has been extremely popular since it came out. Any additional questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Talk soon
Tom.

Hi Tom, what type of material is used for the vent? 4" hard aluminum pipe, or that flexible stuff? I would worry about lint buildup in that type of vent run, so you'd need to be able to clean it out easily.

T

TomMontague

Hi Tom, what type of material is used for the vent? 4" hard aluminum pipe, or that flexible stuff? I would worry about lint buildup in that type of vent run, so you'd need to be able to clean it out easily.

You can use whatever you want. You could make it out of hard pipe but most probably use the flexible hose. I use flexible here at my home and it goes into my floor and runs several feet to the outside wall. We keep the lint trap as clean as possible. I would imagine you would take care of this the same way. The hard pipe or flexible hose will be accessible by removing the basement wall and gaining access that way. It should be extremely accessible this way.

Hope that helps
Talk soon
Tom

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There are different types of flexible dryer duct available. Look for the expandable semi-rigid aluminum one.

AngCat

Thanks for the responses and follow up q & a. Heartland seems very thoughtful and user-friendly in their design, so I could not imagine that the w/d space in a camper with an awesome laundry room would only work with a ventless unit. That would definitely be a deal-breaker for me. 🤔 I’m not certain I like the idea of the longer vent w/bend as I am also worried about lint build up. But, I sure do love that laundry room.....😍

mlpeloquin

Through the floor and out the side wall isn't bad, but you will have to support it. You want a level or descending tube for the hot air to pass through. If you form a low spot, it will over time collect lint. Use metal aluminum tape on any seams to seal it properly and do not use duct tape. It is not for taping ducks as it name states.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks for the responses and follow up q & a. Heartland seems very thoughtful and user-friendly in their design, so I could not imagine that the w/d space in a camper with an awesome laundry room would only work with a ventless unit. That would definitely be a deal-breaker for me. 🤔 I’m not certain I like the idea of the longer vent w/bend as I am also worried about lint build up. But, I sure do love that laundry room.....😍

Use an adjustable metal elbow in the bend. Most of the surface is smooth and won't trap as much lint. Behind the dryer, use a formed metal 90 deg. adapter to direct it to the floor. Do not try to bend the vent tubing to make the turn.

The dryer venting in my BH goes through the wall, so I didn't have to deal with this. But our dryer vent at home goes through the floor into the basement, then about 7 feet across the ceiling and then out the wall. Took a bit of engineering by me to keep it as smooth as possible.