22 bighorn traveler coax inputs

Hi, I recently purchased a 22 Bighorn traveler 39MB, on a sidenote, I do not recommend big horn traveler, but that’s another story, and I noticed in the docking station there are five coax cable inputs. There are three TVs in the unit plus our outdoor TV. The dealership is less than helpful and has no idea what all five are for. we have not used the unit yet as it’s still winter where I’m located, and can’t imagine that each input is for each television. I’ve been camping for 37 years and I’ve never seen such a thing. Can anyone explain what all of the cable inputs are for? I assume one is for a satellite dish, but I can’t figure out what the remaining four would be for other than one per TV, which would make no sense to me as most campgrounds offer one coax cable hook up. Does anyone have any information on this? Thank you so much.

jmarnell

Our rig has a diagram on the inside of the docking station compartment door that illustrates what these are for. There is usually one input by itself, which is the cable TV input. That feeds all the TV's through a splitter inside the RV. On ours, four of the connections are grouped together and are for the satellite feed, 2 for the living room TV and 2 for the bedroom TV. 2 of the connections are the feed from the roof of the RV if you mount a satellite dish on the roof. The other 2 connections feed the satellite signal to the living room and bedroom TV's, which you can connect to directly if you use a portable satellite dish. If you have a roof mounted dish, you put a short cable between the two connections for each TV.

Attachments

• 20190802_122747.jpg
    20190802_122747.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

david-steph2018

Hi, I recently purchased a 22 Bighorn traveler 39MB, on a sidenote, I do not recommend big horn traveler, but that’s another story, and I noticed in the docking station there are five coax cable inputs. There are three TVs in the unit plus our outdoor TV. The dealership is less than helpful and has no idea what all five are for. we have not used the unit yet as it’s still winter where I’m located, and can’t imagine that each input is for each television. I’ve been camping for 37 years and I’ve never seen such a thing. Can anyone explain what all of the cable inputs are for? I assume one is for a satellite dish, but I can’t figure out what the remaining four would be for other than one per TV, which would make no sense to me as most campgrounds offer one coax cable hook up. Does anyone have any information on this? Thank you so much.
At the top under the "TOOLS" tab, you will find "Heartland Owners Manuals".
Click on this, go to "ELECTRONICS". then go to the "COAX LAYOUTS".

Our rig has a diagram on the inside of the docking station compartment door that illustrates what these are for. There is usually one input by itself, which is the cable TV input. That feeds all the TV's through a splitter inside the RV. On ours, four of the connections are grouped together and are for the satellite feed, 2 for the living room TV and 2 for the bedroom TV. 2 of the connections are the feed from the roof of the RV if you mount a satellite dish on the roof. The other 2 connections feed the satellite signal to the living room and bedroom TV's, which you can connect to directly if you use a portable satellite dish. If you have a roof mounted dish, you put a short cable between the two connections for each TV.
Thanks so much! The diagram kind of mirrors ours but it is slightly different, I imagine the same idea though. Good to know, thanks! Do you have traveler? Are the quality issues I’m finding this bad on all Covid era built units?

What year would I use? Mine is a 22. Are the quality issues I’m seeing normal on Covid built units or is the traveler just that low end? From looking at brochures they made it cheaper and cheaper as it is newer - eliminat cloning fans, cabinet doors, carpet, you would think newer would be as appointed. Tons of fit and finish issues, mis-adjusted slides, no stereo. I donno maybe I’m not picking. Thanks for letting me rant