2020 4007 leak

Lndeatr

I have a 202 4007 and I have a weird leak when it rains. I'm wondering if anyone else had this leak and where I should start looking on the roof or maybe along the awning where it mounts.

When it rains, and with the awning out even, water comes out of the bottom of the porch light which is mounted above the door as well as water comes out from the top of the door frame on the inside of the trailer.

I pulled the interior trim above the door and I can see that the butyl tape fell before they mounted the door frame so there's no seal at the top of the door but there's obviously water getting into the wall. It is dry above the porch light so the water is coming from inside. It rained very hard last night and I am staying out of town working.

I am getting ready for a big trip to Arizona for the NASCAR finals and I want to address the leak before I leave. It's under warranty but it'll take them a month just to look at it and I'm fully capable of pulling the door and resealing it as well as fixing any leaks on the roof. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this same leak.
20211231_193716.jpg

Last edited:

rhodies1

If it’s leaking out the light then I would be on the roof looking for failed caulk or even a tear in the roof. Leaks are not covered under warranty. Heartland will tell you it’s maintenance and your responsibility

Lndeatr

It's been in before for leaks covered under warranty. I have an extended warranty plus I can show him this video that clearly shows the butyl tape was not placed against the flange on the outside of the door at the top. The plan on climbing up there today after work or tomorrow. I was just checking to see if any other people with this model had any similar leaks.