2022 Heartland Prowler 335BH Washer/Dryer drain

JRD911

Hello Everyone!

Last week I purchased a new 2021 Heartland Prowler 335BH. One of the main reasons I chose this model was for the washer & dryer hookups.

When I picked up the trailer I did a walk through and noticed a drain valve on the very front driver's side of the trailer that looked like a sewer drain valve but much smaller (1.5" inner diameter, 1.75" outer diameter). I thought it was the fresh water drain and went on with my day..

Now a couple weeks later I'm installing the washer and dryer. I've got it all put in start it up and I quickly find out the drain isn't draining into the 80 gallon grey tank but it's actually coming out of this valve I found. The washer hookups don't go to the grey tank at all.

I called the dealership and they said they didn't know if it's suppose to go to the grey tank or not. I can't find anything in my owners manual about it (it doesn't even mention anything about this drain valve that I found).

Does anyone know if my trailer is just screwed up and the washer is supposed to drain to my grey tank? Or how do I even hook anything up to this valve? It doesn't have any ears to turn a sewer hose on to.. and I can't find a small enough sewer hose anywhere to even fit on it..

Attachments

• 20220418_084453.jpg
    20220418_084453.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220418_084458.jpg
    20220418_084458.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 25

ac7nj

I haven’t seen this before but it’s a good idea. Washing machine fills the gray tank fast.
e-trailer is a good source for parts
Valterra makes most of the tank drain parts and supplies

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not such a great idea. A) requires a separate hook up to sewer, B) a lazy owner might just let it dump on the ground. Seems to me that ALL waste has to be contained somehow until it can be dumped into a sewer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Pretty sure you can't dump gray water on the ground in many places, so among other things, this is probably contrary to RVIA requirements. This sounds like a factory defect that would be covered by warranty to get it plumbed correctly. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. If the rep isn't sure, don't let him guess, ask for the plumbing diagram for your model/floorplan.

Hollandt

Hello Everyone!

Last week I purchased a new 2021 Heartland Prowler 335BH. One of the main reasons I chose this model was for the washer & dryer hookups.

When I picked up the trailer I did a walk through and noticed a drain valve on the very front driver's side of the trailer that looked like a sewer drain valve but much smaller (1.5" inner diameter, 1.75" outer diameter). I thought it was the fresh water drain and went on with my day..

Now a couple weeks later I'm installing the washer and dryer. I've got it all put in start it up and I quickly find out the drain isn't draining into the 80 gallon grey tank but it's actually coming out of this valve I found. The washer hookups don't go to the grey tank at all.

I called the dealership and they said they didn't know if it's suppose to go to the grey tank or not. I can't find anything in my owners manual about it (it doesn't even mention anything about this drain valve that I found).

Does anyone know if my trailer is just screwed up and the washer is supposed to drain to my grey tank? Or how do I even hook anything up to this valve? It doesn't have any ears to turn a sewer hose on to.. and I can't find a small enough sewer hose anywhere to even fit on it..
Is there possibly a second gray tank? My Fuel 305 has two gray tanks.

NoCents

Pretty sure you can't dump gray water on the ground in many places, so among other things, this is probably contrary to RVIA requirements. This sounds like a factory defect that would be covered by warranty to get it plumbed correctly. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. If the rep isn't sure, don't let him guess, ask for the plumbing diagram for your model/floorplan.
If you think Heartland will give you ANY schematics your wrong!
I’ve ask many dealers in the past 12 months they said they don’t have them and to call Heartland. Heartland advised me they don’t have any or use any WIRING, HYDRAULIC,PLUMBING,FRAMING and the big one “ELECTRICAL” Schematic’s or DRAWINGS! Good Luck on repairing this junk yourself.

Dahillbilly

the specs for that model list two 40 gallon grey tanks, the washer drain should go into one of them. I have a Torque 5th wheel with washer drain in the garage & the washer drains into the rear grey tank. Call Heartland customer service, have last six #'s your VIN handy & ask them.