2023 Milestone 386BH Dead Plugs

Hello everyone. My family took delivery of our new 2023 Milestone 386BH two weeks ago.

During our first "trial run" trip, we discovered the Sol solar system, inverter, and 12 volt converter were inoperable so we lost all 12 volt power about 13 hours in. So much for that dealer PDI! I was able to get the battery charged to get the slides in, etc and I took it back to the dealer the next day.

They found a solar fuse missing, the converter unplugged, and the inverter was throwing a protection code. I was told the the code was due to some bad ground somewhere and they "found it". So fast forward a week and I pick the unit up and they show me the fridge is working, solar is working, converter is converting, and inverter is inverting.

So, I drag it back towards home (2 hour drive) and park it in a camground for trial run #2. Now I have found all the basement plugs do not work along with the front bedroom GFCI and all the plugs (with exception to the washer and dryer plugs).

My multimeter is showing 120volts at the breaker box for both the GFCI and "Bedroom" breaker (not 100% sure which one it is). I also have breaker marked "Fireplace" which is funny. I do not have one!

Multimeter is showing 60volts at the GFCI and 0volts down the chain.

So, my question... I assume I have a disconnected common somewhere. Does anyone have a suggestion where to start looking? I am assuming I am going to have to crawl into the snake pit basement.

My dealer is 2 hours away and I have tried calling Heartland for assistance and all they do is hang up on me.

Thank you in advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Loose ground and neutral wires are not uncommon and since you are showing 60 volts ac I would look at those connections.
I would also investigate the source at the park pedestal.
It an idea of places to check. Can't dismiss anything.

Peace
Dave

taskswap

Funny, our fuse was missing from our solar setup as well (386BH). Guess some things are the same on the line as always.

Concur on checking for loose grounds/neutrals as well as the pedestal. A power monitor is always good for those - campgrounds are notorious for being wired badly.

Let me know if you find the second GFCI. We have two independent GFCI circuits. They're wired with "downstream protection" such that there is only one actual GFCI-enabled outlet with a reset/test button pair - the rest of the outlets on the circuit are "protected by it" by being downstream. But about half our GFCI outlets are out right now because one of them is popped but I can't find the GFCI itself. (One is in the master bath, the other is a mystery.) :)

rhodies1

Check outside on the side if your unit. You may have. GFI there that is daisy chained to the bathroom. My kind gas one on bathroom, kitchen and outside. Who knew