26RLSS 2013 Slideout question

GeneF

Does anyone know how to put out or take in the slideout if the motor should fail?

I was told at the PDI to get a couple of strong guys and push. I hope Hulk Hogan is around.

Heartland rep said that I should be able to find a plate to remove on the facia of the slideout. I cannot find it. Also, that a wrench should have been in the blue bag that comes with it.

Supposed to be able to remove the plate, insert the wrench and then attach an electric drill to move the slide out.

I took the trailer to a Campingworld for some warrantee work. Asked the tech and he really didn't seem to know. He took off the middle plate but nothing was there but nails. I hope this goes back on okay.

motor seemed to be mounted near the wall and not on the slideout.

I do have a long handled "wand" in the storage compartment but I believe that this is for the electic levellers.

I don't expect the motor to die but I would like to have some prior knowledge.

Any ideas

GaryWT

Mine came with the tool to use, it was in the blue bag, I think the directions are there as well. We also have the tool for the jacks which we have used a number of times and something for the hitch jack. Good luck seeing how it all goes together.

pegmikef

I have a 2011 26LRSS and there is a crank in the storage compartment on mine and just to the right of the rear steps there is an access hole for the crank. The hole is in the plastic facia and has a rubber grommet on it. I am assuming they haven't changed that. The only change I have seen is the entertainment center and that is not on the slide. It just doesn't make any sense for the access to be on the slide itself. You should have two cranks, one for the electric jacks if so equipped and one for the slide. One of the two is also used to lower the spare tire. 13K miles and no problems at all with the slider.

GeneF

Mine came with the tool to use, it was in the blue bag, I think the directions are there as well. We also have the tool for the jacks which we have used a number of times and something for the hitch jack. Good luck seeing how it all goes together.

Thanks, that's what I was told by the Heartland rep.

Contacted Nashville Campingworld where I bought the trailer, but they said they didn't see one. Hopefully, I will be able to get one from Campingworld in St. Augustine. They seem more helpful.

GeneF

I have a 2011 26LRSS and there is a crank in the storage compartment on mine and just to the right of the rear steps there is an access hole for the crank. The hole is in the plastic facia and has a rubber grommet on it. I am assuming they haven't changed that. The only change I have seen is the entertainment center and that is not on the slide. It just doesn't make any sense for the access to be on the slide itself. You should have two cranks, one for the electric jacks if so equipped and one for the slide. One of the two is also used to lower the spare tire. 13K miles and no problems at all with the slider.

I think there may be some differences between the 11 and the 13. I have the crank for the electric jacks but no hole as you describe it for the slideout. Also, my spare is on the bumper.

pegmikef

I think there may be some differences between the 11 and the 13. I have the crank for the electric jacks but no hole as you describe it for the slideout. Also, my spare is on the bumper.

Good to know. Thanks. Does the 13 model still have the pull out luggage/bike rack on the rear? I notice you said your spare is on the bumper.

GeneF

Good to know. Thanks. Does the 13 model still have the pull out luggage/bike rack on the rear? I notice you said your spare is on the bumper.

Yes it does. The bike rack was one of the major reasons I bought the trailer. I got tired of the bike taking up most of the bed of the truck.

Interesting to note that there are no instructions that comes with the bike rack. I even called customer service and they said no instructions. When you first look at it, you wonder if some parts were missing but
I finally figured it out.