2nd AC help. New to RV's

Trying to get some info if possible. My salesman was pretty clueless. I have a 2015 heartland North Trail 33bkss and I want to hook up a second ac unit. It is a 50 amp setup. How do I tell if it is wired for a second ac unit? Appreciate any help available.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello PatrickJohnston and welcome to this great forum.
There are a couple of things you can do.
One is to check the breaker panel for a spare breaker. Possibly marked 2nd AC.
You can also pull the shroud off the bedroom fan and look to see if there is a yellow cable that housed two 12 ga. wires. 12-2 w/gnd. It should be terminated in a plastic box.
Or you can call Heartland Customer Service with your VIN in hand and ask if it is wired for the second AC.

Peace
Dave

Hello PatrickJohnston and welcome to this great forum.
There are a couple of things you can do.
One is to check the breaker panel for a spare breaker. Possibly marked 2nd AC.
You can also pull the shroud off the bedroom fan and look to see if there is a yellow cable that housed two 12 ga. wires. 12-2 w/gnd. It should be terminated in a plastic box.
Or you can call Heartland Customer Service with your VIN in hand and ask if it is wired for the second AC.

Peace
Dave
So the bedroom fan you are speaking about I assume is in the bunk room. Its a little pop up vent with a fan in there.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If that is the only exhaust fan.
The AC fits into a 14 x 14" hole and that is what size the fans are.
I was talking about an exhaust fan in the front bedroom.
You will have to check.

Peace
Dave

If that is the only exhaust fan.
The AC fits into a 14 x 14" hole and that is what size the fans are.
I was talking about an exhaust fan in the front bedroom.
You will have to check.

Peace
Dave
There is no exhaust fan in the front bedroom. I wish there was. Appreciate the help!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My toy hauler was pre wired for second a A/C, and it had a blank outlet cover in the ceiling next to the roof vent in the bedroom. Sample pic

f8a8c19f914615e31d4f28478169161e.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

123camper

Is there a crank up vent in the front bedroom? If so you can take the plastic trim off and the wire should be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Westwind

To save yourself some work of taking apart and putting back together I would call the factory with your vin # and talk to someone there, they should be able to tell you if the wiring is there and where to find it.

avvidclif

Going to Heartland's website and looking up that trailer shows under options;

50 Amp & 2nd A/C (some models)