3055 ( and some others) propane line

Gary521

Last Summer on a short trip, my right front tire ( on the trailer ) blew. Among all the damage was a soft copper propane line that was ripped from the trailer floor and sheared off where it is fitted to the black pipe running under the unit. This line runs the stove. I sometimes leave my tank open to run the refrigerator. Anyway, there was a stream of propane gas by the rear wheel.
I felt that this practice of running the soft copper propane line in front of the trailer tire was dangerous and a bad practice. I went to the dealer and took a look at some other Bighorn models and found that some were plumbed the same way. The soft copper line was maybe 3 inches in front of the tire. We all know that when a tire goes, the tread whips around violently.
I replaced the line by the wheel with black pipe where I could and rerouted the line to try to prevent this from happening again. I called Heartland and talked to some engineer ( I am an engineer myself ) and told him of the issue. He told me that this was not an engineering issue as the factoiry runs the lines the way that they want. This response irked me as this is a dangerous situation and all I got was a "Hey, it ain't my job" kind of answer. Customer Service didn't think that this was a big deal either. Take a look at your trailers and act appropriately. This could be a big deal. If nothing else, It will ruin a good trip.