3055RL Help

seaview

Hi,
Our first post.
We just our purchased our first Bighorn 2005 3055rl 5th wheel. Wondering if any one may have some tips. When we turn on the heat we always here noises in the floor like expansion/contraction is this normal? Also wondering what or if i should get a cover for the unit. I have read pros and cons and now i'm totally confused. Is there a good brand to purchase if so. We live on Vancouver Island(very wet and windy) fall and winter.
The kitchen sink is deep and my wife and i are tall and it's very hard to do the dishs because up the cabinet. Is the anything we can put in the sink to raise the dishs up higher? We appreciate the help. Thankyou!

Gaffer

A cheap cover will not last. Go to Camping World web site and read the reviews on the ADCO covers. If you are going to invest in a cover, go with the Calmark. They are very durable. We have one. You send them several specific measurements for your rig and they ship you a cover that fits and the door opening is in the right place. You want to have a clean roof before covering it for the winter to prevent any growth.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hi,
Also wondering what or if i should get a cover for the unit. I have read pros and cons and now i'm totally confused. Is there a good brand to purchase if so. We live on Vancouver Island(very wet and windy) fall and winter.

First...welcome to the forum!

Regarding RV covers...there are many opinions about their use. We too debated for a long time when we purchased our Big Country. In the end, we knew of several people who had chaffing issues around the roof area and dulled gelcoat from covers rubbing in the wind. We opted not to cover ours. Others have had good luck using them. If it was an option, I would park it under a covered structure of some kind be a ala carport or fully enclosed.

Best Wishes!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
As for the noises while the furnace is on...been happening with ours since day one...don't worry about it!!

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We have a 07 We just love ours we have no noises in ours. We do not cover ours been in the sun ice snow and anything els for 6 years and still looks good as new.Can't help with the sink I am very short. I have heard folks have shorten it so they could see the tv.. Good Luck we love ours....

seaview

It must be the aluminium frame heating up and contracting.
Was very curious. I sure like this forum lot's of great info.

ChopperBill

We owned a 3055 and our biggest gripe was the cabinet over the kitchen sink. Before we traded we were going to have it cut down so it would be about a half cabinet. If I remember they want 3-$400. Could not see the TV from the dining table or kitchen so we also thought of re-doing the Entertainment center to where the TV would set about counter high and make a cabinet out of the original TV shelf. All plans stopped when we traded.